Boilie recipe

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Carp King, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    I want to make boilies but i lack the knowledge on what to use to make a base mix. The euro way to make boilies is to us semolina flour or soy flour with corn meal. Where can i find these types of flour? If they are not avalible in the U.S. then what kind of flour (self rising or all purpose) should i use. Any info will help.

2. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    You should be able to find Semolina flour easily..( is what they use to make spaghetti noodles) not sure about Soy Flour... I will go into a Major Supermarket and check the Asian Food Isle...I have made them before without these and they held up just using the corn meal, flour and corn starch.... Another hint if you have an Asian Supermarket try their they have all type of exoctic ingredients and goodies......

3. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Thanks man. that really helps. Did you use all purpose flour or self rising flour in your boilies? Also what kind of corn meal did you use?

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    All purpose flour not saying self rising wont work just never tried it... The brand of cornmeal i use is called Indian Head Stone Ground cornmeal... this is a pretty well known brand as far as cornmeal goes so you should be able to find it at any supermarket... About 1.89 at the stores... One thing don't use the coarse cornmeal it won't for some reason bind (mix) (can we say big mush...:wink:)at least i couldnt get it to.. bind (i did use a little of it to give some consistency) I am no expert these are just some of trial and error type of things that i found out.... after making batches and batches of the stuff...LOL