Bogus Email from BOC Member

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rebelzgrl76, Dec 18, 2009.

1. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Hey Folks,
    Been a while since I was last on, just want to inform you that I received what I am presuming to be a bogus email and I want to share it with the rest of you so hopefully you wont fall for it.

Take care all and have a Blessed Christmas and Prosperous New Year.
    ~A

Hello,
    I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,i came down here to London,England for a short vacation and i got mugged at gun point last night at the park of the hotel where i lodged all cash,credit cards and cell were stolen off me.
    I am even owing the hotel here,the hotel manager won't let me leave until i settle the hotel bills now am freaked out.So i have limited access to emails for now, please i need you to lend me some money so i can make arrangements and return back I am full of panic now,the police only asked me to write a statement about the incident and directed me to the embassy,i have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively, I will return the money back to you as soon as i get home, I am so confused right now.i wasn't injured because I complied immediately.
    I will be waiting to hear from you since i can't access the internet always

Kind Regards
    Jerry

Jerry is a dear person and I am not buying into this. Have any of you received this or similar emails as of late?

2. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Don't do it. Don't answer - delete it.

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    been alot of that going on. must be the time of the season.
    smokey

4. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    did they steal his gun??

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Called "Delete" Thanks for the info too.

6. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    Thanks for letting us know. I would run a virus check on your computer if you havnt already cause if someone hacked into his account as soon as you opened that email, you could have been hit with something..just a suggestion!!

7. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Thing is....I opened it on my Blackberry, not my PC. :eek:oooh:

ran virus check also. Im getting messege to update my password on my BB cause I changed it on my email. Dont know if I should or not.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    and this jerry is a boc member?

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

Anyone who send this person 1 red penny is either very rich or stupid!:cool2:

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sounds like a full fledged SCAM to me.Ignore and delete.

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Amy for the most part if there is no attachment the you opened i.e. just opened an email it probably does not have any virus. If there was a word doc or a zip file or a hyperlink for a website and you opened them is where you normally need to worry. Not always but that is a good rule of thumb.

12. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO

Yes, Jerry60k ... from his personal email. Jerry and I havent talked in a year+.

I wanted to clue all you folks in... thats really it.

Nope.. no link or anything... just the email. Thanks though, I have been worried all day.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Amy this same thing happened to a lady in our church and was sent to everyone that was in her email box. The item was hacked from the UK. She updated her virus settings and changed her email address. Problem solved. Jerry is the one with the big problems. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    if your talkin about this guy, he was on the BOC just two days ago. http://www.catfish1.com/forums/member.php?u=10274

And Amy, don't stay away so long, we miss ya.

15. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    MMmmmm I did not know we had any members from Nigeria!! :smile2:

Perhaps he can tell me where all my dead relatives (the one's who have left me millions of dollars) are buried. :wink::smile2:

16. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Has anybody notified Jerry?

17. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Amy I have received an email from Fish. Two or three days later I received another another one,Fish told me he was extremely embarrased and horrifyed over what happened. He apologized and said they were working to ensure this didn't happen again,then the other day I got one from freecycle,minute I read it I knew somethin was wrong,I think there are some bad folks that are hackin into folks computer,I have no use for em. I agree Brother Jerry needs to be contacted,it might be that he has no idea what is going on. Just my humble opinion.:sad2:Sister Pat

18. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Hey Tom, yes thats who I am talking about. No, I havent talked with him at all.

Good to see ya. :wink: