Body Piercing

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    What are your thoughts about body piercing? :misdoubt:

My thoughts are people must enjoy pain.
    And it sure don't help their looks any.
    It looks like they have enough Jewelry to start a good size tackle box.:ah:
    I don't under stand people having jewelry Protruding out of every orifice of their body. :eek:h:

Check out the pic tell us what you think.

Attached Files:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i think its disgusting as well as having tatoos

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska

tattoos arent that bad unless they are full body ones, i can stand them if its just one or two.

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I'm from that old school that taught the whole point was to put holes in the other guy, not bring some home to show off.....I do enjoy a nice tattoo though. Just my 2 cents.

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    some people push to the extremes to get attention and I do believe that she is one of the worst I have seen.

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I have heard that is an addiction for some I can't figure that out

7. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    Just make sure she doesn't go swimmin!

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yeah so much silver n gold she would surely drown:waaaht: :waaaht:

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My Opinion,it's gross and disgusting. I watched a documentary on tv where a young man went in and had his tongue split on the end almost up to the center of it.When it healed and folks it showed it all blood was just running like a stream out of his mouth,anyway when it all healed up he was able to move the tips of his tongue in opposite directions.When asked why he allowed this to happen he said "I had it done so I could kiss the girls properly" Not this girl he wouldn't! It was gross!:crazy:

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Some people take things to the extreme. In some cultures it is a right of passage are spiritual beliefs that have people slicing, dicing, tattooing and piercing themselves but not to the extremes of the "civilized" peoples. As for tattoo's I have a couple and may even get more. Piercing's well let's just say not anymore. But never to the extreme that the lady had.

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    to each his / her own i say their bodies are just that , theirs .

personaly i wouldnt mind haveing a few more tattoos , iv drawn some good art work of my own id like to have copied onto my skin , but money is too tight for that at this time in my life . maybe some day but i aint made any definate plans yet . when i do the only one who will see them is my emediate family , i never cared for the ones in plain vew for everyone to look down their nose at me for haveing example love hate on knuckles or a reaper on the back of your hand but like i said to each his own .

judge not less yea be judged

12. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Got a daughter in law with a tongue piercing. Gives new meaning to lisp. I don't mind the ears, as long as its not those big saucer things some put in 'em. A discrete belly button piercing is, I guess, ok, as are those in places I don't know about and don't care to know about. But, I've never seen sense is disfiguring oneself like that. I do enough on my own with fish hooks , knives, and catfish fins.

13. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Yuck,

All i can say is there is STUPID,

and then there is STUUUUUUPID...

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Like kaboom said, to each there own. Its not for me but not everything is.

15. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think Richard is right... that at least in the extreme cases, it seems to be an addiction. Sounds like plastic surgery has become a similar fad/addiction, for those who have the money to invest in themselves in that way. But sometimes I think it's just because they don't know who they are, and that's pretty sad.

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I think that pretty much sums it up for me I totaly agree with you Charles, I have Tats want more but money being tight makes it impossible right now. I dont have the full body (I have 2) you cant even see mine unless Im wearing short sleeves or muscle shirts (like I have enough muscle LOL).

17. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
  18. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Not really any of my business, but personally, it seems to me like these folks need some good psychiatric counseling, or maybe some good drugs.

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think "Drugs" may be the problem in the first place, LMAO!!!
    I don't mind Tattooo's(I have two) and I sure don't mind peircings (I have two in my left ear). But people take things to new levels all the time. I trhink that they should tone it down a little. The ones you have shown are very disgusting to me.Just My Oppinion though!!!

20. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Here is my view on Tattoos, this was one of my first assignments this year for my English Compostion class, this was one of my rough drafts.

TA2D

Aaron Drier

Tattoos are my armor

Wow, you have a lot of tattoos! Did it hurt when you got your tattoos? Why would you want to do something like that to your body? These are some of the things I have heard when people first meet me. For some all they can do is gawk and stare, weather in disbelief or amazement, when I enter a room of strangers I get a lot of attention.
    I have always been fascinated with tattoos, they represent so much more than what outward appearances show. For some it is a way to grieve and serves as a constant reminder of the past, for others it is a chance to start anew a way to “forget” the past and move on with their lives. There are many people that have tattoos and to the untrained eye would never know that their lawyer or doctor may have a tattoo. I received my first tattoo on August 27, 1998, I had just completed United States Marine Corps recruit training also known as boot camp. I had turned 18 while at boot camp and I had always told my self that I would get a tattoo when I was old enough. After graduation of boot camp, one of the first things I did was to find a tattoo parlor and join the ranks of my brothers in arms, and get a “USMC” tattoo. I walked into the tattoo parlor and I looked through the flash art that was hanging on the wall, I found a design that I really liked and still do to this day, and I told the tattoo artist that this was the one I wanted. I had so many emotions coursing through my head it was almost like being on a “high”. As Droopy, that was the tattoo artists name, was getting the equipment ready, I sat in the chair getting anxious and nervous. The buzz of the tattoo gun made my heart jump, and then the first line was forever etched into my skin, sure it stung a little bit, but after the 13 weeks of hell I had just been through it was a small price to pay to forever have the letters USMC emblazoned on my skin.
    There is a lot of pride that comes with being a United States Marine, and a lot of Marines show their love by getting a tattoo or two. After my first tattoo, they turned into an obsession, I was always trying to figure out what my next “piece” was going to be, and how it would work into the overall scheme of things. Then I came to a realization that every tattoo that I have has its own unique story behind it and a meaning that only I can truly understand. With each tattoo that I received, a piece of my inner self was now on display for the world to see, and with each successive tattoo, I became less withdrawn and more outgoing, using my tattoos as a conversation starter as well as intimidation, an unwanted side effect, as if being 6’1” and 230 pounds wasn’t intimidating enough.
    I has been along time since I have felt the sting of the tattooists gun or heard the buzz of the gun when they are tuning it, and sometimes I catch myself daydreaming about getting another tattoo or maybe more, but that day will have to wait, for there are higher priorities now. I have a wife and two boys that need my attention more than I need to spend time in a tattoo parlor. One day though I will get to finish what I started just over 8 years ago, a lifelong love for the art that is tattoo.