BOC's Weight loss Reporting Thread

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, May 2, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    With Tea's post yesterday, and seeing that there are quite a few brothers who, like Tea and myself are working at loosing weight. I thought I would start a place so you can outline what you are doing to loose wight, and your progress!!

2. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Since started back to work in October 05 I have lost 60 pounds.
    I eat a Banana and drink a glass of whole milk 3 times a day when at work.Then a balanced evening meal.Of course I drink plenty of liquids during the day.

3. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Awesome job Greg!!!!

:haha: :byebye:

You are THE MAN!!!! :surrender:

4. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    you mean i'm not the only brother carrying too much #s?

Seriously, i'll be paying attention to this thread. I have to go in for an ultrasound on my liver Thurs. morning, looks like they are checking for Fatty Liver (could be worse). I'll be starting with evening walks, and portion control.

Good luck to all that are working on dropping weight.

5. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I too am trying to loose some weight, I am at 245 right now would like to get down to 215 again, I have stopped taking the elevators at work and take the long way to posts at work, need to start watching what I eat more. Will keep you guys updated.

Aaron

TA2D

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good luck to all you guy/gals who is trying to loose weight. Hopefully there will be a lot of good ideals and support coming from this thread.

7. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Lost 70 pounds but still need to lose more. The diet that I am on really works for me. As being a student I walk around campus all day and play basketball so I get some exercise.

My diet:

Breakfest:

Bowl of cereal with fat free milk

Lunch:

Fat Free Yogurt, Granola bar, two servings of low fat or fat free rice cakes.

Dinner:

Small portions and I cut out most of the fat. Two or three days a week I will eat a salade with fat free dressing.

Liquids: plenty of water or diet drink. Walmart has a brand and it comes in many flavors and it tasts good.

Snacks: If I eat any it will usually be another serving of rice cakes or another yogurt.

This diet has really worked for me but exercise it very important. It takes a week to get used to but after that It is easy to follow except around the holidays lol.

Tip: Buy a scale and weight yourself every Monday morning or which ever day you start your working week with. Keep a table of your weights. This way you will see how your progress is going and if you really need to step up your diet.

For me on average I lost 2 to 3 pounds a week.

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    DONT GIVE UP! i lost 180lbs a little over 4 years ago and nearly fell off the wagon a couple times. man am i glad i didnt! if you fall off get right back on!doctor told me (since i had knee surgery) that i had to quit doing the things i done (canoeing, hiking miles to fishing spots, etc) or i was going to mess the knee up again. or, i could lose weight. so, i decided to go on a diet, but i lost my weight a little too fast, im really lucky that i didnt mess some stuff up. i went from 380 to 195 in a little over 10 months. yeah i know....damn! long story as to why i tried to lose it that fast and what happened. but what i done was i cut out ALL sugar and carbs and ate meat, fish, chicken, and vegetables. no fruits, they had sugar so i stayed away from them (i learned later that some dude named Adkins taught this same thing). little did i know that you have to have some sugar. i also started excercising by getting back into mountain bike riding and using an excercise bike, would ride about 10 miles a day on avg. those recumbant indoor bikes will really melt the fat off of you, especially if you bundle up really good and sweat a lot! i also weighed myself each week at work on the scale and record the weights on a calandar. that is the best motivation when you see weight going down each week! give yourself about 2-3 weeks before you start to see any results on the scale, i noticed it takes that long for any excercise as well as a box of doughnuts to show up. thats why i think lots of folks see that they are losing weight when they fall off and start pigging out again, its usually after 2 or 3 weeks.....shoulda waited! below are pics of me when i was about 370, when i was around 200, and last August (btw, fish are exaxct same size, 30lb). yes i was way too thin for my build! like i said, long story. everyone was convinced i was on crack lol. doc said that for my height (6'2) and build i should be between 250-275. i gained back some much needed weight, im currently at 285 and need to lose about twenty, gained a little this winter being off work and on this dang computer! remember..... NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP! if you slip and fall off, GET BACK ON! ....and watch the carbs! also be sure to treat yourself on every other sunday, gives ya something to look forward to:big_smile:

Attached Files:

9. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Holy Moses! Damn dude you lost a whole person! That is one hell of an accomplishment, you are an ispiration to all!

Aaron

TA2D

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Holy Spit Dinkbuster, you sure did lose some weight bro.

Getting ready to have supper of Turkey Burgers with Fat Free Cheese and Steamed Corn. Love the diet so far, doing well.

11. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I lost 38lbs since January all from eating less. I stopped with the 6 cans of Pepsi a day, and now drink 1-2 quarts of water, and one bottle of diet soda. I skip the Dirrito's and all of the other "snack foods" in exchange for small meals, and nothing after 8pm. It worked, but I would love to get a new pic to show you.

Ray

12. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    I commend all of you for your desire to get healthy no matter what the reasons are. The most important thing is that you do it for yourself first and if you have children thats even that more of a reason. Kids have a way of making you do things with out you even realizing it. Good luck and God Bless you all in this decision. Keep us posted on the progress.

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Reported this in my thread, just post it in here too.

Well, week 2 went off without a hitch. Drunk lots of water and ate really healthy. Drunk slim fast again for breakfast and lunch. Never waivered one time. Bottled water was consumed by the tons, no less then 10 a day. Mixed with some Sugar Free Tea Crystal Light mix. Also had no more then 5 diet sodas again all week. Supper again consisted of alot of Grilled Chicken salads, also Turkey Burgers, and Turkey Brats. Snacks were mainly sugar free popsicles. Went out to eat twice, once was a bowl of Mangerine Oranges from Wendeys and the 2nd time was a low fat sub from Subway. Still very driven, report back next week with more results.

Week------Date---------Weight-----------Lbs Lost--------Lbs to go
    --0------4/24/06---------328---------------0---------------113
    --1------05/1/06---------321---------------7---------------106
    --2------05/8/06---------313--------------15---------------98

(Just noticed that last week I had a 2 instead of a 3 in total weight. LMAO Definatly was not 228 AND 221, will be there soon enough though)

14. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Great Job Matt!!!!

Don't have a clue how much I have lost yet, but, in the frew weeks we've been trying to loose weight., my belt size has gone down. 2 notches

15. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    doin great! you now have what is the hardest thing to acheive....MOMENTUM!

16. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    have lost 3 lbs so far this week by cutting out the junk food...now only 40 more to go

17. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I'm working on it too. I have acid reflux, bad back, arthritis and a bunch more reasons to need to shed some pounds. I've lost about 10 lbs. in the last month or so. I was once up to about 295 and got down to about 275 and maintained that for a couple of years. Now I'm trying to go down a little more.

18. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    It's really kool to see what you can do when you get your mind set. you are all strong wonderful brothers.

Like others have said it takes alot to do something like this. keeping staying strong and keep up the good work.

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tea:
    I thought you wanted some info on Nikken? My people stated they had tried to reach you without results,If you're not interested,please let me know I would appreciate it. I want to help anyone I can help cause I know what it's like to be over weight,I'v went from 247 down to 225. Anyway,please let me know. Thank you for your time----------------pk.You can either PM me or if you still have my e-mail let me know. Thank you very much for helping me with my avatar,but I would appreciate the original picture back as it is of my youngest daughter on the day she was baptized,again I deeply appreciate your help.--------------------------pk:big_smile:

20. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Well at 5'7" or right about there, I quit smoking and went from 150 up to 182, right knee has been giving me fits, arhor and itus from a skooter wreck years ago. I was down to 162 as of this morning, I want to hang around 160 give or take a couple. Knee hasn't been hurting since I got back down so am hoping that is all it took. Keep it up guys and gals, it can and probably will make you feel better.