BOC Wide Challange - Are you up to the challange?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Jul 12, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    After reading PeeWee's post on his Hero's thread, I would like to CHALLANGE each and every member of the BOC.

The Challange:

Take the time to think about, pray for, and talk to your BOC brothers and sisters who are ill or hurt.

Take the time to show them you care. Talk to them and cheer them up. Let their stories INSPIRE you.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand & touches your heart.

There's always going to be people that hurt you so what you have to do is keep on trusting & just be more careful about who you trust next time around.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

Lets all try to make everyone feel the best that we can, and remember that there are those who may be in worse shape than ourselves, and those who we percieve to be in worse shape than ourselves, who are in better shape.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great thread Tony. I think about you guys and gals all the time. Will continue to pray for everyones needs. I hope that all the BOC members can do the same.

3. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Reps to ya Tony. Great thread.

4. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sorry Tony...gotta spread it around a little.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

AMEN, Tony. Thank you for expressing the true brotherhood of the BOC.:smile2:

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    The USMC goes by the idea that you "Always do the right thing" even if its painful or difficult.My heartfelt thanks go out to the members like Tony,Tea,Bryan, Jim and all the others that always take the time to help or look out for the other members.In the end if you always try and do the right thing you never have to say your sorry.Thanks

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks Tony,that was a great post!!!

8. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    AMEN, couldnt agree more with everything you said brother!

9. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good post Tony. I was thinking that the board may need a special place for Prayer Requests. Or at least an informal agreement that they be put on the Member World Discussion. Some post on their state site, others in whatever area they post most. One was on Motor Repair. Hard to pray when you don't see the request. Just a thought.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brother, I just have the time and knowledge to help most of the time. There are alot of members that go above and beyond the call of duty here. I am glad to help when I can, because I had many members help when I first joined the BOC. So, I am just trying to pass the help down.

Help is what the BOC is all about. If we do not help each other then who will help us??

11. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Matt, the answer to your question, is God. But it sure boosts your faith to know that you have the BOC backin your prayers!!!

12. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Rep to ya Tony and I am in.

13. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    amen brother. you guys are on my thoughts and prayers

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Tony! Great Post I could'nt have said it better myself!:smile2: PK POWELL

15. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    good post, tony. rep's to ya.

16. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jammer, I've thought about this a couple times myself. Thanks for bringing up!

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Great post Tony. Glad someone new how to put into words what I'm sure a lot of us were feeling ,but didn't know how to say. Thank you. You are a good man and a true brother to the BOC. GOD BLESS and REP points for you . THANK YOU!!

18. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Good post seen a lot of good feedback I like the post about the prayers If you cant see the prayers ITs hard to pray for one specific member who needs it alot But till I see the request I will pray for each of you

19. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    awesome post brother. thank you!

20. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Good post Tony. A person should take time to tell his friends and going to be friends to have a good day or check on them in some sort of a way. Man has became so macho in his own way that we as men have come to the train of thought that it is not cool to be compassionate. Well I am here to tell you I for one have gone to long with out telling my friends about how I care about them and I will try my best to change that.
    To me you guys and gals on here are the greatest. You had better believe it tony. There won't be a day goes by from here on out that I won't check on my friends , It may be one a day but they will be alerted That I am concerned about them.

I just came thru a freighting experience about 2 or 3 weeks ago where I lost my vision. Well I rise before day break and enjoy the starting of the day and I set and enjoy the evening twilight. I will enjoy those more now then I ever have.

Man I got on a typing ramp here didn't I.:tounge_out: