BOC visitors this weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Had the pleasure of meeting another BOC member and his wife. Brad(K) and his wife Adrianne were camping(cabilning) at the state park on Milford Lake this weekend, I also had the pleasure of a visit from them at my home last night.We met up on the lake this afternoon. We drifted for awhile with no results, then motored back into one of the larger coves and still fished for awhile, about 3' of water depth. We did manage to catch a couple of small Channel Cats, 2.5 to 5+ lbs. Brad and his wife were fishing in his "The Green Monster", and Jerald and me were in the Catoon. Here's some pics of Brad, his Wife and boat.

Attached Files:

2. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    sounds like you all had a good time, alway's nice to meet fellow boc'ers
    thanks for the photo's , I noticed old glory Flying proud in one of the pic's,

3. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The lake looks like its in good shape Jim. Yesterday was a real nice day with almost no wind. Sherry and I went to pick up a camper. Now if I can just find a boat like the Green Monster I'll have it made.

4. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Looks cold!!

Your getting to be quite the popular man out there Jim.

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    LOOKS COLD?????? naaaa we just wear those hats in honor of fellow BOCer H2O Mellon!!!! It was A bit chilly zippin across the lake wide open!!! Had to call it an early day today because of the wind and the fact that we'll be going back in about a month!!! Gonna take a nap now I'll post My pics later!!!

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Well in that case.............NICE HATS.

Looking forward to the pictures.

7. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Now that I've Had My nap..........

Went to Milford this weekend and Met Jim and got to see all His toys and stuff. Fella's, this Man is set up!!!! Jim has lots of neat stuff!!!! One heck of a nice Guy as well. Although We didn't catch many fish, Just getting the chance to Meet a Fellow BOCer and do some fishing was well worth the trip!! It was a little cold but nice overall on saturday. Warmer on Sunday But the wind kicked up like Ya wouldn't believe. Adriane and I woosed out and went home. I'm definatly looking forward to going Back next month, I'm sure the weather will be warmer by then and hopefully the fishing will be better as well.

Here is some pics of Jims Catoon and a pic of the cabin We stayed at in the State Park

Attached Files:

8. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    more pics From the cabins at milford state park. They are cozy but comfortable Heat, A/C, hot and cold running water, shower, 2 burner cook top, a little refigerator, and a pretty good selection of cooking utensils, mircrowave, and coffee pot, not too bad for $65 a night. just show up with food bed, linnens, and personal hygene stuff and your all set. Even had a nice little trail down to the water where I could beach the boat.

just thought maybe some other guys might want to get away with the wife, this ain't a bad way to do it!!!

More pics of inside the cabin and a shot of My toys!

Attached Files:

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Tom, that's the first thing I do after I fire up the motor to warm up, put up "Old Glory", I've had the Catoon 16 years now, she's never been underway with out the flag flying.

10. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice pics, thanks for sharing!

11. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Calvin, it sure was nice yesterday, the weather anyway. The fishing was pretty slow. We drifted for awhile with not even a nabble. We finally got a few back in the cove in the shallow water. Just wish a couple would have grabbed Brad and Adriannes baits. We did a lot better today(me and Jerald), we fished at the place we took the pics of the well and caught 9, missed a few and had a bunch of bites, most on shad guts, even had some good hits on DK! My modesty won't let me say that I caught 8 and the Quiver got 1, darn, I went and said it anyway, geez! Sorry Jer.

12. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Why thank you Charlie. When are you going to head this way again with your Carp/Bow Club and go Catfishing with me again? Maybe this time we could get into some bigger than those barely pounders we got:crying:

13. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Brad, sure did enjoy the short time we spent together, Lydia said to tell you bye. Hopefully when you come back next month I can get you into some better fishing. It sure wasn't for the lack of fish this time, as we marked some real nice ones, they just weren't hungry this time.

14. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Jim,
    I'm sure that the fishing will be better next month. We knew the fishing was gonna be kinda slow this time, but it was sure nice to get out of the house for a while.

Next month when We come down We'll bring a couple of extra steaks so We can all have dinner together!!! I figure if the weather is nice We could eat on the patio at the cabin. Maybe You could park at Jims Bait shop and i'll pick You guys up in big red (My Truck) or something like that so You wouldn't have to pay the parking fee at the park. figure We can just play it by ear. keep Me posted as to how the fishing is coming along in the following weeks

15. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Say my friend where did your buddy get that green machine I`ve been looking for a boat like that for a long time. please ask him & answer soon on this thread. Earl Huffman or retired stump jumper as I am known.

16. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS
    Sounds like you had a good time at Milford lake. It`s been a long time sence I fished it. guess I had better get my grand son & come up next month & do some fishing when are you guys going, maybe I can get there too.

17. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Brad, that sure sounds like a plan, specially the steaks:thumbsup: No problem with us coming to the park. We went back to the area we scouted on the way back after we left you the next day and did pretty good. We caught 9 nice eater Channels, the water's 4+ feet there. We caught all but one on shad guts, the one on DK, couldn't believe it, haven't had much luck with it, maybe it'll start working now that the waters warming up. Looking forward to getting together with you and Adrianne next month.

18. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Earl, I believe Brad said he bought his boat from either BP or Cabelas. It's a Lowe, so you should be able to visit their page and find a nearby dealer.

19. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS
    Hi Brad Thanks for the info. & I will see what I can do about talking them into a bird dog from you. Again thanks a lot.

20. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS
    Brad I hate to bother you again with this but would you give my the discription of your boat again. I left my paper I had it wrote on where my two year old grand daughter could get ahold of it need I say more. EARL