BOC UPDATES - MEMBER NOTIFICATION

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfish_Commando, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Fellow Members,

Some of the most recent changes to keep everyone informed;

1. A server has been re-ordered and is being built at this time. We abandoned the 1st server and opted for a more expensive data-center that offers Tier1 Bandwidth.

2. Quick links has been added to each post. If you feel there should be one added that is a must have, please let me know. See the attached image for location.

3. Forum home page has been re-organized, sponsor areas now flows more logically.

4. The individual guide calendars are being removed for one master guide calendar.

5. A community tournament calendar is being created for all directors to post tournament scheduled dates.

6. The BOC video initiative is past the initial stages. Appropriate sound equipment has been secured to round out the BOC Camera. Camera being used is a 3 CCD model with wireless sound MICs, etc.

7. The Catfish Expo website will be released soon. Downloadable Flyers will be available for printing, and custom flyers for those who wish to assist by hand delivering to possible interested parties. The cost to the BOC to launch this is very large,"Buy a Car Large", your support is appreciated in ensuring the word gets out. This is something that the BOC needs it arms around 100%.

8. Catfish America is playing now, be sure and watch Eric from the BOC on the Sportsmen Channel. Anytime the BOC is on any network on TV, its a good thing.

9. Our relationship with Catfish Radio is strong as ever. We have enhanced our support to this project.

10. A new tackle sponsor is being lined up for the BOC. Bigger and better selection than catfish connection, with lower prices. When (IF) this deal go's through, it will be great for the members.

11. BOC Membership cards are coming, vendor discounts based on card holding will follow suit.

12. BOC Guide section enhancement. BOC guides are going to start contributing images and reports to a guide article section. These small reports may be the difference many members need in gaining an edge. If you fish with a guide, post a review in that guides forum, “Its Important”.

13. The BOC is coming out soon with its own bait product. Being tested by select personnel at this time for effectiveness and real world value.

14. Star Support is up 10% from 2007 at this time last year, member response is great. This opens up options that wouldn’t ordinarily be available.

15. More to follow at a later date.

Stay Safe!
    Paul

Attached Files:

2. Catfish_Commando

State:
    Georgia
    Clarification: The show will now say, "Brought to you by the BOC".

If you know of a radio station that would like to play this weekly broadcast, "Free Content" to them, let me know. They make there money by placing there sponsors in the segments.

E-mail me: catfishing@gmail.com

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Site looks great as always Paul one question as the owner how is it you do not have a SUN or something in replacement of the star?:wink:

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Thanks Paul. It has been my complaint for quite a while that none of the changes/upgrades are presented to the membership... we find out by trial and error. I, for one, do appreciate this notice.

5. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Paul thanks for all you do here. You spend the money and do all the work and We have all the fun. Thank You for all you do for us.

6. Catfish_Commando

State:
    Georgia
    Thread was cleaned to keep it on the topic of updates.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the update ,and the upgrading .

8. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Paul thank you for all and i mean all you do,i love this site,as my son does too,ive turn a bunch of people on to it,keep up the great work,here and there,thanks for your service brother!!!!!!