BOC SPONSOR RODS

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by bw69r, May 26, 2008.

1. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    who do you fine folks think makes the best rod for flatheads out of the sponsors who make rods for catfishing. i fish mainly from the bank for flatheads and was curious who you guys thought was better. also i use spiining gear.

2. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Catfish Safari has rod that would be hard to beat, it has the backbone you need to horse a flathead out of heavy cover, I have not seen a better rod.

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have 2 of Steve Brown's Catfish Safari 8' Spin Cats mated with Okuma Avenger AV80a's. Outstanding rods! Good tip sensitivity, but not too much for moderate current. Outstanding backbone. I love the way these rods load up on circle hooks. Call Steve, you wont be disappointed.

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Over the holiday weekend I used my Black and Blue Custom Rod. Caught 4 nice channels in the 6 to 7.5 lb range. even though these fish aren't a real test for such a nice rod, it sure felt great reeling them in on a rod built to my specs and colors. Randy Harris of B&B rods does a great job on building cat sticks!!:big_smile::big_smile::wink:

5. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    You can't go wrong with a Catfish Safari Rod. Steve makes a rod specifically for flatheads. Call him up and give his rods a try. You won't be dissapointed.:wink:

6. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I have caught both flatheads and blues with the Catfish Safari rod I got in february. I cannot say enough about these rods. Good luck and good fishing!

7. Sreve Brown at Catfish Safari will rig you up with a strong, dependable rod for a great price.Catfish Safari makes quality rod's for any freshwater demand.

sTRICTLY Catfish

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I'd go with a Catfish Safari also from my experience. I've got 2 and they are great. Haven't tried any of the others.

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Steve has the flathead 8 foot rod. Might as go with the ol catfish safari rods.

10. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    black and blue all the way man randy truly builds his from the grips up any way u want it u caint go wrong with black and blue

11. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would say get a Black & Blue rod. There are alot of good rods out there, but Randy will make you a rod to your specs and he also has a "production" line of rods available now! It wouldnt hurt to talk to him and Steve Brown and then decide for your own needs!:wink:

12. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen