BOC POLL :

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Mar 8, 2008.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I'm trying to get another gathering together for the members of the BOC and their families .The weekend i'm looking at is set for June 27 th. -- june 29 th. I,ve narrowed it down to two spots,and this is where you the members come in . The first spot would be at 3550 acre Lake Nimrod located off the Lafave river .it is located 40 miles north of Hotsprings ar. on highway 7.It has 134 campsights ,11 boat ramps ,4 beaches ,5 group shelters and six playgrounds. I've spent alot of time on nimrod and it has great fishing for catfish and one of the best crappie lakes in the state . The campgrounds are very clean and well maintained.
    My second spot is Wilber D . Mills dam .I dont know a whole lot about this area but have heard nothing but great things about this area for fishing. The BOC use to have a gathering here sometime back and would like to see it up and running again. Other members i've talked to said the catfish is very abundit here . There is camping at nearby Merrisach lake park . I'll be going down there on the 18th of this month and will know more then.
    So ya'll pull together and help me out. This will be my first sponcered BOC gathering so any tips are welcome. I'll put it together but ya'll help me decide where .
    Its only 3 months away so jump on in and give your feedback..........Robert and Family

2. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    i jumped the gun so disregard this post.I didnt check with the wife and she has plans that weekend.I didnt know how to delete this post so i apoligize to all of you. i do still want to sponcer a gathering so please bare with me. Again i apoligize.....robert

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    robert if you will pm dh he can pull the thread for you.as far as a gathering any date you pick will be ok with me long as it dont fall on a weekend i have to read electrik meters.

4. Treypd99

Treypd99 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    one thing to keep in mind about wilber d mills park is the misquitos will carry you off they are as big as birds in Gillett, however you cant beat the catfishing

5. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    WELCOME TO GILLETTE, ARKANSAS ... HOME OF FRIENDLY PEOPLE AND THE WORLD FAMOUS COON SUPPER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: