BOC Ohio 2006 gathering location?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by maddcatter, Dec 13, 2005.

1. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Anyone have any Ideas for the 06 gathering?
    My vote is for a central ohio lake or river.

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Sounds like a very good idea to me. Just have to wait for warmer days.

3. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I definitely vote for a central Ohio location as well. If you ever go to that frappr website you'll see Ohio is covered for an idea of having a national gathering around here.

4. shenbitt

shenbitt New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm all the way down in West Chester by Cinci, but i could probably make it up that way. By the way I just found this site the other day. I am orgiannly from Kansas where fishing for cats is big but, I didn't think it was big this far up north. Any info about good lakes and rivers for cats would be welcome. :D

shenbitt

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Theres MANY mbrs in the Southwest OHio/Northern KY area. Perhaps a spot on the Ohio River is in order?

6. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    H20, we had a small gathering last year at Maysville, KY. I may have to set one up there again this year.

7. shenbitt

shenbitt New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Glad to hear there are many cat fisherman up here. It been hard to adjusts to all the different laws up here but, i think I am getting the hang finally. Does it ever get cold enough here to ice fish?

shenbitt

8. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I wouldn't mind a spot on the Ohio where I could catch some blues.
    The reason I say it should be a central ohio lake or river is because we have a lot of people on this board who fish the muskingum river, dillon lake, buckeye lake. Lots of people who know good spots.

9. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I say it should be somewhere where there are some flats.

10. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Last year, I stayed at Shawnee State Park. In this area, you have 2 small lakes. It is also close to the Ohio and Sciota Rivers. For the people who don't like to camp, it is close to Portsmouth for motels. The access ramps on the Ohio ans Sciota are free in this area. I didn't catch any flats but I am sure they are in this area. That day, we boated a 7#, 11#, and 18# bluecats. Or we could have it at Forked Run or Maysville, KY.

11. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Forked Run is ok, but I probably won't be able to drive that far. That's why I'm hoping for a central Ohio location. Dillon offers some pretty good fishing. The lake has some nice channels, and the spillway has some big flatheads and channels. There are also a lot of good spots on the Licking River which flows right through Dillon. Also, the Muskingum River is only minutes away.

At this location, the members would have three different bodies of water to fish, all with decent cats. What do ya think?

12. shenbitt

shenbitt New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I like that idea maddcatter. My family likes to camp while I am fishing so just about anywhere that has a camp ground I am up for. Telling work to piss off for a whole weekend....another matter.

13. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Sounds good to me only about 10 mins to Dillon and 2 mins from the Muskingum for me.

14. shenbitt

shenbitt New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    If it's central though I am looking at least a 2 hr drive on a good day. Most likely more.

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would try to make it to any central, or southern ohio location..It would all depend on my work schedual.

16. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Dillon state park has a large camp ground and a good bit of cabins. They have a launch ramp less than a mile from the campgrounds. Plenty of hotels here in Zanesville which is about 10 mins from the lake. Plenty of channels in Dillon and Buckeye lake. Nice flathead fishing in the Muskingum and licking rivers. Sure would be nice to get a gathering together in this area so us ohio members could get together and meet one another and share some fishing tips. I know there are quite a few members around this surronding area. If we could get something together as far as a general time frame so everyone could make plans. I'm sure we could have a good turn out. If interested please post so Maddcatter can try to get something off the ground.

17. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I am up for any gathering anywhere around Ohio. If not working I will be there with my son.

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im up for a possibility need dates and where

19. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm probablly game for anywhere in the state. I will drag Flathunter along too!

20. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    hey man im from trenton ohio not to far from west chester. and all spring and summer i beat the kitties alive we will have to hook up sometime. i also go pay lakin as well