BOC Membership Hits 33,000

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mickey, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just noted that the BOC has reached 33000 in Membership. Why are you happy to be a part of it?

2. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I personally am happy to be a part of the BOC because it is one big family. There is not a night goes bye that I do not learn something from the brothers and sisters on this site and not all lessons are about fishing. I feel as at home here as I do anywhere I have ever been. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

3. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    im happy to be a member because of the info and the fiendships. its like having another family. i get on here every eve. after work. i dont always post or say much but i enjoy what othr people have to say. im just glad to be on here. its diff. than what all the kids do. it is a place adults can go and talk bout fishing and hunting ir just whatever. not all that other bs.:big_smile: thanks paul for what u have created. i have met a few people in person that i never whould have met if it wasent for this website. people just like me. :wink:

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The BOC places the world of like minded people at your fingertips. While we may never eyeball each other, we are able to develop bonds and friendships that will withstand the tests of time. We are able to share the highs and lows of life without shame and know that someone out there understands and feels our joys and pains. In short, "We are Family". Stay safe and Happy Holidays!!!:wink:

5. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    the b.o.c. has great folks and great information. I wish i would have discovered this awesome site years ago.

6. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I joined because i fowlled the site and noticed theres a lot of healpfull info so i decided to join and maybe share some of my own info that most of you guys probabally already knew:smile2::eek:oooh::smile2:...but then i joined and it did nothing but get better!!!Thanks BOC staff for keeping this place up and running...And all the great people on here for all the helpful information!!!

7. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was looking for a web site that I could feel comfortable speaking with other guys,,AND GALS,, that shared the same enjoyable hobbies as myself. and making friends along the way,,to share the fun sport of fishing and hunting. And I found that at the boc.
    thanks to all the members ,,for all that I've allready learned in my short term as a member.

THE BOC ROCKS :cool2::cool2::cool2: !!!!!!!

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Quite frankly, the place is a gold mine of knowledge, not to mention the astounding amount of friends I have made here. The BOC rocks!

Bill in SC

9. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    nodoubt the networking and the friends u make. i like the fact that if i got the notion to head to another state that 99.9% of the time you can hook up with a member from whatever area share the passion. put you on the fish, deer , duck, whatever, you can find someone with the knowledge and commitment to the outdoors. put a guy from up north intouch with some friends who run a charter service on the coast. member just hollard and i responded, that quick. now hes on his way to an awesome time billfishing this summer.

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yesiree, it's nice to know that you can go anywhere in the country and fish with friends!

Nemo hic adest illius nominus
    What I tell telemarketers :wink:
    (there is no one here by that name)

Bill in SC

11. This place, and the good people on it, has changed my life this year. Thank you all.:big_smile:

12. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    I'm happy because I've learned a lot of stuff being in here from fishing to people giving me a lot of pointers about life in general :big_smile: I love this site.. I've met some great people on this site, and have fished with some off of here too, and they've all been so nice and helping.

This is like another family to me :big_smile:

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    :big_smile:Cause it's a family kind a thing. There isn't another web site like it,and October 2005 was when I joined,haven't regretted a day. Thank you Paul for everything you've done. Anxious to see what all 2010 has in store for USCA. Just the new insignia is neat,and I'm proud to be part of it.:big_smile:

14. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    great people great info....boc is part of my daily rutein.....:wink:

15. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    There is great info,,But I come in for the people,,
    Great folks,,,:wink:
    My second family...
    Puddle

16. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The BOC is the place for catfishers from across the country to gather and share info.
    You get to meet a lot of people too.:smile2:

17. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    This seems like the perfect thread for my 1000th post. Thank you Mickey, thank you for bringing such good news to our attention.

It's been said by others, but the BOC is my virtual fishing hole. Whenever I want to think about fishing and can't go myself, all I have to do is log on and see that there are hundreds of posts waiting for my browsing. I can look at pictures of fish that other brothers and sisters have caught and see there are still lots bigger fish for me to catch. I can read through the adventures and mishaps from fellow catfishermen and know that I'm not the only one that does stupid things from time to time.

The BOC is not only a informative and educational, it's also entertaining. Where else can you find such a diverse group of people. I think the diversity of the membership is one of the great things. Where else are you going to have lots of buddies to back up what you think is right. And If you're wrong, there are lots of other people that will try to sway your mind and convince you otherwise. I've seen fisherman change their views about things that they have done for years. It creates the perfect balance for discussions.

I enjoy my time spent on the BOC. Like a good radio station, at home, work, and in the car. If i'm having a bad day, I can always log on and be in a much better mood within a few minutes. Although I've never met anyone, in person, I feel that I have made many friends on here.

Thank you BOC Members, thank you for helping make this such a great site. My world is a much brighter because of the BOC.

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Joey for the great comment about the BOC. We all agree with you. Congrats on your 1000 post. Enjoy your input. Keep the good post coming.