BOC members in the military

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by s_man, Feb 19, 2006.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I was gonna write this a few days ago but haven't had the time. Do we know of other members serving in Iraq or kuwait, or afganistan...etc
    I know they can't use the limited internet access they have to talk to us but if we had a clearinghouse of addresses we all could send a note about a good catfishing trip and a picture or two, or just shoot the breeze. When you're away from home mail is a welcome luxury. They are over there giving their time, we over here should be able to give a little of ours.
    Any thoughts, is this something we can do?

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    S Man I am not sure just how many are over there, one is "Darrell" and he is on here quite a bit at night. You have gone a long way already in helping those who serve with this post. You have shown that they are in your thoughts and that means much to someone overseas as many on here can tell you. Thanks for your post!:thumbsup:

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Ken I spent my 4 years of Army service in El-paso Tx, it was from '86 to '90. I got out 6 months before all my friends and the people I'd known and worked with for so long went to the first Iraq war. I got letters from alot of them, they just wanted to hear that I was still me doing the crazy stuff I did when we were all together.Remenicsing? about stuff we did.They were basically missing their former lives, and wanted to reconnect. Any scrap you could give them about your boring daily life here in the states was better than the boring days they spent in the desert. Except for one buddy who was a colonel's driver and hooked up with a young 2ndlt.Whom he married when they got back to the states. So I'm figuring its the same for the guys over there now.

4. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    S-Man,

Thanks for the post. Ken's right, I am here almost every night for at least a few minutes to an hour. I am weary about giving out my address over here. I get a ton of stuff from the family anyway. To tell you the truth, I would rather talk to you guys on the site as my release that anything else. Catfishing is what I love to do back home, with the boy, so this is as close as I can get. If you get a chance look at the coin that I found the other day. I posted it under "catfish air". Its pretty cool.

I joined the army in 87 and was here the first time in 91. This is a very different environment than it was back then. Then again, back then I was a ground pounder and this time I am polishing a desk and chair. Oh well, we all have a job too do.

Thanks for the post, it make my day!

Darrell

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Hey Maj D...you never told me you polish desks and chairs...uuuhhh when ya get back mine looks like cr*p...think ya can fix it up?...LOL:blink: :0a35:

6. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...................

:0a16:

Darrell