BOC MEMBER OF THE MONTH!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishrollo, Aug 24, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Burger King has it! McDonalds has it! We can't call it "the employee" of the month, because Lord knows im not paying the bills from here:smile2:. But, has anyone ever thought about this? It could profile a different member each month, and state the reason of a contribution made that might be above the average for an idea or post that has been extremely beneficial to all.. Just a thought.... now shoot me in the foot for this one:roll_eyes: :crazy:rollo

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Sounds like an interesting idea.An expansion of the idea how about a male/female winner.That away no one can say sexism was involved.

3. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Rollo I think thats a great idea and I think that you should be the first member. You contribute a lot to the BOC with post about fishing reports and fishing tips everybody can use. Even if ya do take a beating about Mikey. LOL

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I have seen this tried on other boards Jason and it failed miserable. Stop and think about the ramifications if a member never did get nominated for the monthly deal. It would run a lot of people that post very little off the board and without those folks you would have only a handful to deal with. I know it sounds good but the cons far out weigh the pros in my book. But Of course my opinion is only but one and has no weight to it except my own so if you and some talk the powers to be into it then I would of course support it.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Folks aint got over rep points yet. LOL

Its sounds good but some might get their feeling hurt.
    If I remember right, I think BOC tried this a while back, or something like it.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I think your right ,didn't we have BigGeorge as poster child for awhile? Or was that something competely different.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Willard on this one. It could cause jealous and bitterness among the members. We are already doing this to a degree when we use the REPS. I feel the reps program is positive reinforcement for a good post and the member who is contributeing.

8. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    rollo sounds like a great idea but the uther guys are makeing some good points to im on the fence about it for right now

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Another agreeing with Willard.

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well, it was a suggestion.. and i see how and where it could go.. thanks for the posts, and my foot has a 38 hole in it! LOL/JK.. rollo

11. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I agree with Willard and Dayton on this subject.

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think its a great idea,But the anti's that have spoken have a good point as well.:sad2:

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Sure did. I remember a fella from Turkey gettin selected. It came and went several years ago. I believe it was well before this new forum.:wink:

14. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well heck...if we cant do that then can we get a Channel, Flathead and Blue Cat of the month going for the biggest catches?

15. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Yep, we had member of the month before but dont know why it was discontinued.

Im all for catfish of the month, would like to see members get recognized for their fine catch.

16. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    good idea brother!

17. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Rollo, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope the foot heals quickly:wink::smile2:.

18. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

wolfman

Yep, we had member of the month before but dont know why it was discontinued.

Im all for catfish of the month, would like to see members get recognized for their fine catch.

Now guys that idea will work because it has to be a recognizable precipitation to get it.:wink;
    wolfman

19. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I vote Rollo.

20. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY