Boc Member Movie Ratings

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi people! I've watched a few movies lately, and thought it would be nice to have a thread solely dedicated to rating movies here on the BOC. It'll be a good way to gather input on what you might/might not want to rent or go see. Let's rate 'em on a scale of one to ten, and add a short review if you like telling why you feel that way. I'll start.

"The DaVinci Code" - 5
    A little confusing....I felt as if some of the info from the original book must've been left out due to time concerns. Which is strange, because I also thought parts of this were too drawn out for my taste. Normally I like Ron Howard's movies (he directed this), and I love Tom Hanks, but this one just didn't cut the mustard for me.

"Lady in the Water" - 6
    If you like weird stories this is the one for you! It's enjoyable enough to hold your attention. M.Night Shymalan has one odd imagination, as he's proved over and over :big_smile:. Pretty much a fantasy movie, so if you like that genre, rent it.

"Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest" - 6 1/2
    I loved the original "Pirates" movie, but the sequel wasn't as much my cup of tea. Davy Jones and his crew coming back from "the other side" and looking like a bunch of Star Wars aliens seemed kinda silly, IMO. Johnny Depp is the redeeming factor in this one, he's great as a pirate. Oh, and the music adds a lot to the excitement!

"Cars" - 9 1/2
    Okay, I'm kinda partial to Pixar movies anyway, and I really enjoyed this one. Wasn't sure I could get into cars as characters, BUT....I was wrong! JMO, but most animated movie WRITERS cannot get in the ball park with the Pixar stories. If you're a Nascar fan, you'll probably like it. If you remember driving Route 66 before there was an I-40, you'll like it. If you're a softie at heart, you'll like it. If you just wanna watch something that's gonna make you feel good, you'll like it. Can ya tell that I liked it :lol:?

Who's next? I need to know what to get the next time I go to the movie store :smile2:!

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ok Im know Im going to get creamed for this but "The Holiday" is enjoyable to watch (for a chickflick :lol: ) also "Happy Feet", Kids will love that one.