BOC member drowns.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by center12, Nov 6, 2007.

1. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    It is with a very heavy heart that I have to share with you all the news that Eric Cruse(kscatman) drowned while trout fishing at Lake Shawnee in Topeka KS. His body was found by fishermen yesterday morning and though CRP was given Eric died at the scene.

I meet Eric through the BOC and have spent lot of hours in a boat fishing catfish tournaments and chasing crappie around the local lakes these last 2 years. We had planned on fishing crappie tournaments together next year, in fact we spent all of Sunday fishing together in prep for a crappie tournament this coming weekend. Sure wish my goodbye to him would have been more, sure puts some things into proper prospective.

Eric was without a doubt the best crappie fisherman I've ever had the pleasure of sharing a boat with, he had the "knack" that made fish bite. Not once did I ever out fish him on crappie, his skills with a jig were simply awesome. He was the kind of fishing buddy everyone hopes they find........always on time, willing to share anything he had with his partner, great conversationalist, and HONEST!! Eric was also very good around around a BBQ, we spent hour's talking Q............we even thought ourselves "BBQ Snobs", low and slow or it ain't Q.

Currently there is a huge hole in my life, friends are friends, but fishing buddies are completely different.......the openness of conversation, the sharing of true beliefs, the plans, hopes, and dreams...........it's neat what is shared if you spend enough time on the water with a buddy.

I'm sorry I don't have the word skills to properly express my thought's and feelings, but let it be know that a good man has passed.

Rest in Peace Eric, you'll forever be remember in my house.

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I don't even know what to say....

Sorry for the loss to all those that knew him.

3. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    This is terrible news. My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats awfull news ,Charlie. Thanks for passin it on to us ,I for one will miss him in the chat room. I was just gettin to know him ,and am very saddened by this news. best wishes to you.

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Words aren't enough. Too little.
    :sad2:

6. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    man, that is jsut plain horrible. my deepest reguards go to his family. we should get some money together and send his family flowers or something. it is the least we could do.

7. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    This is a sad day. I feel for friends and family. Thanks for informing us.

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Didn't know the man. Cannot remember interacting with him here. I have only been here a short time, so can't relate to how you or others feel. My regards go to you. You seem the kind to take it as well as anyone could. At least you got to know him and he meant something to you. John.

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Man I hate to hear of the loss of a brother like this. I have had the pleasureof chatting with Kscatman on many occasions in the BOC chatroom and I had always held him in high regard my prayers go out to the Him and his family as well as close friends.

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sad Sad news, My thoughts and prayers go out to you and all of Eric's family and friends.

11. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Im very sorry for your and the familys terrible loss.One thing we can take comfort in he left doing something he loved and enjoyed.May Gods Face Shine upon you all.

12. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I didn't know him, but anytime we lose a member, it's a sad day because we are truly a Brotherhood. I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Hang on to those good memories; time will help. Cherish the fact that you did have a great friend, & nothing will change that. You were blessed to have known him. God bless ya, and hang in there.

13. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I am so sorry to hear of this. Condolences and prayers go out to all the Family and friends.

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks for informing us. My deepest condolences to Erics family. I totaly agree with Jersey Cat9 I hate to hear a BOC member passed.

Jaime

15. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Each person is a unique being. We each have our likes and we each have our dislikes. Here, on the B.O.C., it is a like for the outdoors, wether it be hunting or fishing. None of us really get to choose how our life would end, but I imagine each of us somewhat hopes it will be while doing one of the things we love instead of those things we detest. I feel KSCATMAN was fortunate and passed while doing what he loved. He left a hole in the hearts and minds of many, and each of us should take this opportunity to strive to be something better than what we currently are. Our day is also approaching.

16. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    there are no words to help you or his family over this only time will ease the pain.all i can do is offer up prayers to help you threw this time of sorrow.

17. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    Eric's family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers .......very sad news indeed ...............

18. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    These are the sorts of times that words just aren't enough. Condolences to his family...

19. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Wow it's just sad we had to lose a BOC member and Eric was still young ....But he will be rememberd by his huge BOC family ...My prayers go out to his family