BOC Meet and greet?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Sep 28, 2008.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Tom mentioned in a post that he and Rick jr. discussed us all getting together on the water soon. I think that would be great. Not so much a tournament but just a BOC get together where as many of us who frequent the website could all meet up for a day on the water.
    I would like to meet some of you guys and girls and shake some hands and tell some lies....err fish stories.
    I'm sure everyones schedule would not get us all free on the same day but hey if we could get a couple of guys together once or twice a month would sound like a bunch of fun.

What do you guys think? I'm up for this weekend! :cool2:

2. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds good to me. I'll be putting in at Deep Bottom tomorrow morning. How's the daytime bite? I got an opening in my work schedule, so I'm gonna take advantage of it. I see where a guy on ......... went Friday or Saturday in the day and did pretty good. I would like to meet some of you guys. This board has been slow lately. Maybe we could get together and make some sinkers or something.

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I'm in for it, but can't make it back down in a while. In fact, we just had a gathering for another site at the DB gazebo this past weekend. It's a great way to meet everyone in person and BS a little bit. Somebody step up and set it up.

4. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm up for next weekend Oct 5th.. Saturday is out but Sunday looks good.

5. freshbaitrules

State:
    virginia
    Hey Chris, Sunday is best for me too. My son has baseball Sat.
    Maybe this will get the ball rolling.

6. caveman

caveman New Member

State:
    va
    i haven't been here for a while, haven't been fishing much either.:sad2:

well the ac work is slowing down now , so time for cats!!

vaughn

7. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I stayed in the city this weekend, just a jump away from Deep Bottom. Thats actually a cool place for a gathering. Cookout area, bathrooms, parking, not crowded like Dutch Gap and Osbourne, although Osbourne is HUGE and just as nice... I'm in let me know. I'll help where I can.
    later
    david

8. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    When and where. I'll try like heck!

9. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Wish I didn't have to work this weekend and ill would be down for some kitty hunting.

Wheelmobile07

10. freshbaitrules

State:
    virginia
    I'll bite! I myself am thinking:

Sunday

Dutch is where I launch (but I can boat it to Ozborne to meet up)

7 am is probably realistic, depending on my Sat. night activities:eek:oooh:

Maybe 6am and we could pick some brains for an hour and drink a cup of coffee.

Any takers?

11. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    Trying to get out of work Sunday...but will be down Saturday:big_smile:....

12. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    I don't have to work Sunday.:big_smile::0a22:...So what time does everyone want to meet and where....I will be down early and will be getting bait from Deep bottom bait hole ....

13. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Well guys im off sat. and sun. so as they say "Let's get it on". early morn. say at osbourne cause thats the only place we can all dock up at being with several boats. Deep bottom and Dutch gap don't have the capacity for us all to tie up and get on land to socialize. i also suggest an early as possible if we want to meet before we all go out and fish or we can all meet noonish to midday say after we all get our fish on or both. I am game for whatever!:tounge_out: Let me know what y'all think. also they have a little resturant/grill there also, "the Lily Pad" but probly not open early! maybe we could all meet there bout lunchtime.

14. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I will be at Osborne Sunday morning... say..7 'ish?

15. Madtom

Madtom New Member

State:
    virginia
    I smell a tourament. Anyone interested? Say 6am till noon maybe 1. Just a idea.

16. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Too early for me..sorry.. Going to a cookout on Saturday evening and coming from powhatan.. It does not get light until 7 AM now..

17. freshbaitrules

State:
    virginia
    I'll be launching from DG but my little boat can make it to Ozbourne by 7am. Looking forward to it.

18. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    See ya at 7 ....:big_smile: We can follow Chris and see where he catches those big fish:006:

19. freshbaitrules

State:
    virginia
    Hey Rick, I've got an old grey Astro van and a tracker. What are you in?

I'll look for ya Sun. am.

20. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    I will be in a four winns dark blue 21' ...gonna try to get some bait a little early...804-291-8325 give me a call that morning i will be up early