BOC = Mask Removal Tool

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Jul 27, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Masks

Men are taught from a very young age to wear a "mask" and hide themselves behind it. We are shown John Wayne and Superman and told that we need to be tough, not feel pain, show no emotion, and be "tough as nails". Getting to know another man can be very difficult because of this. Many churches that have Men's groups never get past the masks and don't grow because of it.

Recently, after viewing posts by a number of members, I have noticed that the longer someone is on the BOC. The more they let their mask slip off. The more of themselves they show in each and every post. In this way, the BOC is improving each of our lives.

Thank you,

For letting down your masks, and letting us get to know the "REAL" you!

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I agree 100% Tony. The BOC will bring out the true "you".

3. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Mask???

I don't wear no stinking Mask... But, maybe I need to...lol..

Your correct brother about people here getting to know one another...I have made several friends since joining the Boc. I didn't know what to expect when I first joined up.

After being here awhile I just started opening up and sharing what little I knew, and boy have I learned a lot from these wonderful folks...

I have met in person many of the Boc's finest members, and I'm proud to call them not only brothers, but my friends...

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great post Tony,that reminds me of ME!!!

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i dont know about any mask i can tell you one thing my left arm hurts like H#LL!!!!

6. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    yeah I was wondering why my face feels so naked...I kinda like it too lol

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    You are very observant, Tony. Paul has constructed a very therapeutic community here. Kudos to him, as well as to those individuals who are deconstructing their masks.

8. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    One thing you got to remember it takes the membership to do this not just the site. something to ponder over.

9. crricha13

crricha13 New Member

State:
    Danville, VA
    tru story....thanx

10. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Paul created the site. The Mods help to maintain the site.

The Members make this site so great!!!

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    man why you wanna go and start a thread like this now you got me all choked up ,heck i even had to wipe out a tear , all emotional but there aint no way your goin to get me to remove my mask :big_smile:

12. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You're so right Tony, and I agree
    That's why this site is so great!!

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think that most folks (including myself) are fearful of how they will be precieved on any open forum like this. It takes a while to realize that it really doesn't matter, and you realize that your input is well excepted and welcomed. (Hence the Mask comes off)
    I have met many great folks and fished with a few of them over the last two years. If you would have told me two years ago, that I would be this active on a website, I would have called you a nut, LMAO!!! I never really had much use for the internet before I found the BOC, Now I can't seem to stay away from here!!!! Every person on here is a very important part of a very big thing weather they know it or not.
    Tony, this is a very deep analogy that you have come up with and I commend you for it Buddy, Great Thread!!!

14. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Oh my gosh JW, if thats a Mask, LEAVE IT ON !!!! Don't wanna see whats underneath!!!!! hehehe...

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Sorry Dude, LOL!!! Didn't mean to frighten you, LMAO!!!

16. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    famous quote " Luke I am your father"

comes to mind.......

17. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    yeah i was glad the day ole jw and tdawg decided to shed there masks
    and reveal their "TRUE " idenity

18. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    just jokeing guys
    hope you didnt take offense to this ,
    if you put this picture near doorways im sure it will squelch pests from entering your house.
    may even shorten visits by unwanted relatives and neighbors as they catch a glimpse of this on your coffee:crazy: table

19. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    wow, Tony....didn't know you and so many others idolized me as you grew up....Don't let this get outta this site, because it could cause me and planet earth, both some problems....but(the man you know as red looks over his shoulder to double check that he is alone, then whispers)............. I am Superman. Only a selected few REALLY know...I'm trusting all you brothers and sisters of the boc with this one, since of course, I am your hero....:roll_eyes:.....don't let me down....

-Superman

20. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good thread Tony. You brought up something that I'd never thought about. I think the ones that don't shed their mast will soon slip into the back ground and fade away. I think this site brings out the best in people. :smile2: