BOC LISTED IN A STATE WIDE ILLINOIS MAGAZINE

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by deerhunter4, Apr 17, 2008.

1. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hello everyone,
    I have just received word from a friend who is not yet a member of the BOC...We The BOC and the Rend Lake Gathering have made it into a State Wide Magazine...The Name of the magazine is Illinois Outdoor News and is Helping get the BOC listed through out the state with outdoor enthusiasts every where in the State...

I would like to Personally Thank Illinois Outdoor News

Here is to a wonderful growing year within Illinois and the BOC

2. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    thats awesome
    lets keep this place growing

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Great News and awesome job! I am hoping to get up there this year :wink:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for keeping us updated. This is great news. Congrats to all of us!

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Wonder if they talked with Rod from the Belleville NEws Democrat. Or did someone talk to them personally? I need to get my hand on this magazinee issue so I can read it!

6. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I meant to bring the magazine with me today so I could give some info about it, but in my hurry to get out the door I forgot it. If anybody doesn't subscribe, it is WELL worth the $18 for one year. You get a magazine every 2 weeks, and they are always full of info.

7. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Paul,

We look forward to having you with us...and Thank You

8. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I got onto their website, but wasn't able to find the story or a link to it. The issue just came out so it may be a little while before they put it on their site.

9. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois

I would have to agree it would be very nice to meet the man who put us all togather last year at Rend lake. Hope you make it from that Peach state to join us way up here in the far north

10. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Great news thank you for sharing this with us im glad to hear that the BOC is growing bigger and the news of the BOC is getting out of there, I say if this keeps up we will have all kinds of new members joining this great web site that we know as the BOC.

11. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You are correct...
    It is a pleasure getting people interested in the BOC as it has become a second family to me...Tons of great information and tons of great people...

12. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Illinois Outdoor News is delivered to the boat shop I work at and is free for our customers. We get about a dozen copies every time. Good magazine.

13. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hello Everyone,
    I have spoken to the Chief Editor of the Illinois Outdoor News Magazine and He said Rod Kloeckner of the Belleville news Democrat is also a writer for them and they at Illinois Outdoor News try to keep our eyes and ears open...

Many Thanks goes out to them Both Ralph Loos (Chief Editor) and Rod Kloeckner(Writer) and Aaron Lands for helping with the story...

Here are 2 Photo's of the Article and the Front Page of Illinois Outdoor News...If for some reason you can't see these photo's and wish to please PM me and I will send you the full photo size

Attached Files:

14. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    well isnt that awesome! were famous!

15. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't know about famous but it sure is nice to get the exposure to the gathering and the BOC...

It is only going to grow with us holding the event at the same time every year and at the same place...

16. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Brian (bwhupp) is now an offical Associated Press photographer - well, kinda......Got word Friday that the photo in the article (and a couple others he took) will be released to various media outlets for reproduction. Cool stuff!!!!

17. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I am a professional with my cell phone camera! Woot!

18. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Just think Brian - our smiling faces might be in a publication anywhere in the country. Perhaps you should start your own mail order business selling official autographed limited edition bwhupp prints?

19. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well tell us the rest of the story...

20. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Aaron got a phone call from the Associated Press or some fool thing and wanted to use an article for further publications nation wide. They wanted to also use the picture I took with my camera phone when we were at Baldwin of Aaron holding his "15lb bluecat". :smile2: