BOC In Local Newspaper Article

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by alands94, Apr 3, 2008.

1. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
  2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ya made me proud brother...reps to ya !!!!!!

-Jim-

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great article, and story.

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Aaron : very good article the only thing I seen there that was wrong was they went and found are old site we use to have and posted it on there article, they needed to go to the new site. the www.catfish1.com that link they have will take everyone over to the old site..lol but they will find us no matter what if they just look around a little bit. A+ brother

5. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Thanks brother for the news.:wink:

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great job getting the Boc name there.

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That's my little sweetheart. LOLI am glad Rod is working with us to try and draw more to not only the BOC but our gathering as well. I particularly loved your photograph in the paper. But that picture looked like it was from a camera phone.... weird huh.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Great story..Thats the type of articles I like reading.Thanks for sharing it.Reps to ya (if I can)

9. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    did u guys see the comment that was left on there by a naysayer?he said to get a new hobby. haha, i think i hear peta comin

10. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good Article thanks for the post

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Comments

I used to fish quite a lot. They have done studies that fish feel pain. So I only fish for food now, usually using methods that do not require catching too small of a fish. I see these fishermen who make a day out of catching fish, then throwing them back without eyes and with ripped, maimed mouths. How silly and cruel you must be to do that for sport. You can hear catfish make sounds, a kind of wail. Once you understand their biology, you can understand that may be a cry of pain. Come on bubbas, get a new hobby. Do you want us to hook your kids and listen to then cry? Before you poo poo this fish pain thing like you do anything you don't understand, do some research. Kind of a cruel hobby now that we know what we know about the animals.

• Posted by: Blue

12. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That is what was posted in regards to that article. God that made me laugh out loud. We should be ashamed of ourselves for doing such a cruel and mean thing. Sure.. I can understand their part... but seriously... let's not do golf or horseback ride or cut the lawn either because it is proof that plants 'sense things' and 'have feelings' too. :wink:

13. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Thanks for the posting the article.I enjoyed reading it.Go BOC

14. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Yeah, that was quite amusing. Think of all the innocent plants we are murdering when we eat a salad. And good gosh, perhaps air molecules have feelings as well!? How dare we breathe!!!

Today a person jokingly said "I didn't know you were a redneck!" I replied, "Sure am - and darn proud of it!"

15. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I also saw a post from a reader who liked the article and plans to join us in June. Several co-workers also liked the article and checked out the new BOC site. The media is quite a recruiting tool for the BOC!

16. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Aaron , Great job brother getting this in the paper. Sent you some reps for your effort.:big_smile:

17. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    great work !! did you get ahold of them or them you ??

18. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I

A little bit of both. The author and I know of each other through local sports and we have a mutual friend. He knows I am into catfishing and I think I mentioned the BOC before. I thought it would be nice to promote the BOC and the June Gathering at the same time. The response today has been wonderful. It looks like we will have several new members because of the article.

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    That was a great article and should serve the BOC well, Thank You Brother!!!
    Ya, I saw it and had to make a comment of my own...Imagine that, LOL!!!

20. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    roflmao. Love the comments Ulikedew and JW. ROFL