BOC History Trivia

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

During the recent server upgrade, I, like Bubbakat, visited the old BOC site. Let's see who can answer these trivia questions regarding info I found there.

1. Who had knee surgery in 2003? (I suppose it's possible there was more than one, but I am looking to hear a particular name.)

2. In regards to favorite alcoholic beverages, who answered this: Kegged Guiness, Birra Moretti, Shiner Bock, Pappy's homemade peach, apple, or grape brandy, an occasional early morning Bloody Mary

3. What are "Dough Gobs"?

4. Who said his favorite quote was made by his father, which is: "That fish is about as big as a fish of that size will get." :smile2:

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I FLUNKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    #1 is me and #2 is Mark J. Beyond that I'm stumped. LOL!

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

DING DING DING! We have a winner with the answers to questions #1 and #2. The other two answers are more obscure, I'm not sure anyone will be able to answer them.

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Tanya, I think what you are doing is great for new members to learn how to Navigate the B.O.C. forms. Heck, find the questions here on the new site to make it more fun for the new members. Just my thoughts!

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Did I win anything? LOL!:wink:

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That's a great idea Top Sarge, I'll work on that. Thanks! :cool2:

BG, you WOULD have won some rep points if I wasn't out of stuff again. You be a'ight though, ain't like ya don't have none :wink:.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Only one I know is dough gobs,chunks of sourdough fried in hot grease:big_smile:

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Dough Gobs

small dough balls already made up to make pistolette rolls
    Can cause Belly Swelling if too many are consumed over a period of a few weeks!

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

You fellers are doin' pretty well here! This is the recipe I saw for "Dough Gobs".

Frozen roll dough - let thaw
    Squeeze down to flat l'il disks
    Heat 1/2 inch oil - brown on both sides
    Shake in your choice of sugar/spices while hot or mix powdered sugar with water or milk and maple flavoring, frost.