BOC hats at a tournament

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    For several weeks, prior to the NCCATS tournament on Lake Tillery in NC, several hats (people without faces on the BOC) said that they were going to fish the NCCATS tournament on Feb. 9, 2008. We had a good turnout, about 27 boats, and at the weighin I walked around the crowd looking for the hats that stated on the BOC that they would be there and I could not find a single one. Hard to welcome someone in person if you can't put a hat with the face. I had my Gander Mtn. hat on, which I am required to do at public functions, such as a catfish tournament.

So, Mr. Hat, if you felt slighted that none of us came up and spoke to you, I'm sorry. Also, I don't know how Mr. Hat did in the tournament, ain't that a shame, don't think he won tho, a BOC member with a face won it in grand style (101+ pounds) and another BOC member with a face missed winning by just ounces. Mac

2. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Mac, great post, I'm always wearing a BOC hat or shirt, specially when I'm fishing anywhere.

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey Jim, I think Mac was gigging the Boc members who do not have an Avatar posted. No one can recognize you if the only picture of you on Boc is a 'HAT'.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    That was more like a "well placed" left hook, than a jab, LOL!!! Congratulations on the great turnout Mac!!!

5. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Well Mac, I wasnt there. I dont own a BOC hat. But you did make me think about it. So as soon as I post this message Im going to scoot right over there and order me one or a shirt or something. So when this rookie does finally get to make it to a fishing hole you hiding in you might know me.
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
    ~Teddy

6. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Got me one of them black hats ordered. Not only will it help yall spot me. It will also benefit the BOC. I apologize for not doing it earlier! Sometimes a old dog will teach a runt a thing or two. Thanks again Mac!
    ~Teddy

7. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    I had the same problem at the Tulsa Boat Show, Mac.
    Went to a seminar by BOC member Jeff Williams and he mentioned there was a member of the Polebenders Catfish Club there, a BOC partner In Catfishing. I saw no one I recognized, and although I had on the latest BOC t-shirt, no one said anything. We've got to speak out to be known!!

8. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Thanks CarolinaCats (Eddie). I went ahead and order me one of those nice yellow BOC hats and if it gets here in time, I will wear it at my Gander Mtn. seminar on Feb. 20, 2008. If it does not arrive by then I will wear it at the NCCATS tournament on Mtn. Island at the end of this month. Heck, I just might wear it on my trip in March with Capt. Hughs on the James River and maybe the fine Capt. will wear his and we will look like brothers. Mac

9. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I thought you had to put a picture of yourself on your avatar or you would be booted from the site. Was this info wrong?

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    It is not a neccessity but, it sure is appreciated. It makes you easier to be picked out of a crowd.

11. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Roger,
    IF you post a picture on your avatar, it MUST be of you, with your face clearly seen.
    However, an avatar picture is strictly voluntary. If you're interested in entering any of the contests and giveaways, an avatar picture is usually required as a condition of entry eligibility.

12. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I've been through three computer screens... from JW's avatar comin up..... I got a super duper heavy duty one now....

I suppose I better order me a hat or two for our trip to the James in March too.

13. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i was kind of lerery bout putting my face on my avator till i let top talk me into it and now im glad i did.i have yet to attend a boc funktion that some one i didnt know has walked up and said hello and introduced themselves.ive even had people walk up at the dams i fish and ask hey aint you pits the guy on the boc site.whats realy standing out is most times i dont have on my boc hat i save it for the gatherings.

14. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I agree even though its not mandatory everyone should have an avatar.

15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    that's what worries me, J-Dub......i have nightmares of you and DH "picking me out of the crowd" through a sight mounted on a sniper rifle:eek:oooh::smile2:

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Now Phil!!!!! What on earth would make you think that we would do that to you, LOL!!!!

17. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    The NCCATS has a tournament coming up on Feb. 23, 2008 at Mtn. Island Lake in NC and I will be wearing my new head cover. See attachment

18. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i need to get me one of them hats.. need a new fishin hat haha

19. lodge

lodge New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    if I have to hear kittygirl talk about you one more time I might have to go fishing with you. i don't have a boc hat, but she says she does. doubt I can pry it out of her hands might have to get my own. saw where you took some new ccc mebers fishing today so maybe you are ok, nice handle but Mac is simpler and I hope thats ok.

20. kc9bit

kc9bit New Member

State:
    illinois
    Another rule on this board about put a pic up or be booted. This feels like 1930's Germany............