BOC Gathering Milford Lake in Kansas

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by Big Vic, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Is anyone from Neraska going to this gathering ? I just reserved a spot for my camper,was just wondering if anybody else was goin down too. Sounds like a good time !!! :smile2:

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    id need to know details cuz this is the first ive heard about it

3. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hey Wil click on the Home button , scroll down towards bottom till you find BOC Member gatherings. click it and you will be able to find the info for the 2008 Kansas Milford Lake gathering, I think there is like 25 threads of info !!! It's about the 6th one down the page after you click on the member gatherings

4. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Has everyone seen the big cat that BOC member Radish caught !! man what a fish you can see it at his post Local Mississippi Talk
    PB rod & reel for 2007 caught & released
    Posted by Radish :cool2:

5. fnzuki6903

fnzuki6903 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I would love to go but it is a 6 hour drive so it will have to be really good fishing with gas being the price of gold.

6. catfishjohn54

catfishjohn54 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    fnzuki: I moved up here from Manhattan, KS late last summer and i've been cryin' in my beer ever since, regarding the Milford and Tuttle Lakes catfishing I so dearly miss. it's worth the drive if you can split the gas. Right now the catfishing for both blues and channels off of the bank at both lakes is gettin' hotter than a $100 bill in a Texas... well, you get the point. I can post some pictures of April, May, and June stringers of cats from both lakes I hurt holding up. Most places you can drive right up to the lake, fish all day and night, and camping is free. Scenery is beautiful. Bait? Raw shrimp... shrimp... shrimp. Nightcrawlers and live bait too if you want. The folks at the local bait shops are honest... honestly! lol. These are two lakes i would bet money on the barrel head will produce lotsa castfish, and some are very big. #3 - #8 fish are the norm, common, but watch out for the bigger boys. If you need more specific info e-mail me herein or at catfishjohn54@ yahoo, becasue like most fishermen on this site - HINT HINT- I don't horde information or try and keep secrets! LOL.

john

7. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Is their any interest in having a gathering here in Nebraska this summer ? Dates and places ? Sounds like a fun time to me, and I would help as much as I could !!

8. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    id be interested... but with work i couldnt give a date... but i might be sick that day.

9. kingneck76

kingneck76 New Member

State:
    Jeff City MO
    I think this has been tried more than once, and just falls through the cracks. It would be nice though.

10. huskerkat

huskerkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I would be interested in a more local "trip" for Nebraska fishermen if someone were to try to organize it a little. I try to go to Milford once a year, but I just won't be able to this summer with gas so high. If someone is interested in organizing a camp out in the eastern third of the state, I would sure think hard about it at the VERY least! It could be fun to get our own little annual event going!:wink:

11. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Got back yesterday aft. from the Kansas gathering, had a great time the biggest fish caught was 17# blue. The lake is way up and still going up not a whole lot of fish caught the wind blew 20 - 30 mph most every day. Great bunch of people and looking forward to going back.