BOC gathering in texas

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by capt295, Jun 2, 2008.

1. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    just wondering if texas is having a gathering anytime soon. would love a chance to meet other members.:big_smile:

2. skip

skip New Member

State:
    Texas
    Texas is so big and gas is high it may be hard to put together something. I am fishing much closer to home with the high cost of gas.

3. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    The state could be broken up into regions. That way it wouldn't be such a hardship

4. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    It would be cool if we did, but im not sure I would go. I wouldn't know anyone there.

5. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well I guess that would be a pretty good reason for a get together. Heck you just might accidentally make new friends and fishing buddys:eek:oooh:

6. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    I wouldnt know a person there either, but that is why we get together. A chance to meet other fishermen in our area and make friends. talk fishing! I think that is a good idea of having regions since the state is so big. we could have a north central, east, west and south region, but anyone could come from any part of the state or any other state if they wanted to drive. the more the merrier. maybe have a half a day of fishing and then cook out. camp out, or whatever anyone else can think of.

7. skip

skip New Member

State:
    Texas
    I would like to see one in north east Texas but there does not seem to be many members in this area judging from the number of post.

8. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    hey guys and gals, how bout a roll call. just list what area you are from (north,central,south, eat,west) and if you are interested in a boc gathering. Bob here from the north region DFW and i would like to see a gathering.

9. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Lonnie from central Texas, would probably be there.

10. fatfreddy

fatfreddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    were are the lines 35 split east and west what would split north south. I am north of hwy 30 and east of 35. NE texas mabey a friendly 1 rod limit tourney. no guides or pros. allowed boc members only $20.00 dollar entry big fish get 20% best 5 take the rest. Prob wont be enough money involved for anyone to make a fuss over or draw out pros but would be a great excuse to get together. Friendly meaning no committie or organizers to get some of the money just the 2 winners. Ray Hubbard, Tawakoni, Lavon, Ray Roberts, or Lake Fork.

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    In addition, unless you make it all inclusive to Texas, you normally would receive out of state guests like from Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma and possibly other states as well. If you do plan a gathering, I'd recommend you make it a three day affair, starting on Friday, when most people would arrive, and ending Sunday morning. That gives all day Saturday for your fishing tournament. But, don't let such a small thing like not knowing anyone stop you from attending a gathering. My first gathering, the only person I knew was me, and I wasn't so darn sure about that. I was sort of shy, but have got over that with this family. LOL

Just don't schedule it over the first weekend of your State Fair. LOL

12. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Will, form south texas south of san antonio

13. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Im from the Bryan/College Station & Temple Area.

14. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Would love to see a gathering in Texas. I,m in northeast part 40 miles north of Longview.

15. hawgman

hawgman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hawgman from Victoria, South Texas - I will go to a gathering anywhere in Texas. 1 day, 2 day, 3 day, week, I'm ready.

16. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Let's see how this goes for a while as to the numbers of folks. A standing offer, got a number of chunks of dead cow in the freezer just waiting to hit the pit. Can handle feeding 80-100 with all the fixin's.

17. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    I would like to see one some where about the middle of the statethat might be as easy as trying to go to two or threegatherings. but ican do it any way youall think will work best.ill make ti work some way just a thought. thanks sam davis

18. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    A few things we would need to know. A rough head count, How many want to do a three day weekend gathering. Best dates. If most want camping r.v. ing we may be able to get some kind of group rate. Location, what parks can handle a decent sized gathering. Activities ie: cookout, tournament. And most important who the heck has ever organized something like this to volunteer. I'm retired and can help some with the logistics. And oh yea I'm in Arlington or DFW area.
    What do ya'll think of Cedar Creek area?

19. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I'm in the Lewisville area. I'd be interested in attending the gathering and fishing for a day if it's within a 2 hour drive or so of the Metroplex. I just got back from camping at Lake Bardwell. It's not a big lake, but it doesn't get nearly as crowded as a lot of lakes in the area. It has some nice camping facilities and has a good population of both blues and channel cats. I'd also be willing to do a little tips and tricks or Q and A session if there is enough interest.

20. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bobby where is Bardwell? Would be nice to be on a lake that doesn't get much pressure. Also at state parks can people get a reservation or is it 1st come 1st serve? Everyone post dates on when would be the best times.