BOC Fish Finder Preference/Expertise

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by savage308, Feb 13, 2007.

1. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    I've checked the library of the BOC and have a few questions I'm hoping ya'll can help me with. I'm currently in the market for a new fish/depth finder for my 19' Kenner boat. I fish fresh and Saltwater and am not really interested in GPS. The lake I fish has several underwater creeks and the max. depth is approx. 60'. After contacting a few dealers via the internet, they have recommended 3 units in my price range of $600.00.

Lowrance LCX-15MT (this unit looks to be discontinued to me?)
    Eagle 500C
    Humminbird 585C

Anyone have or used any of these units and could you provide any good or negative experience?

Is there another unit that you would recommend? and why?

Any help you can provide would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Shelby

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    The Lowrance will beat the other two by a wide margin in just about any performance category.

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    The 15MT is now the 17, same basic unit but more pixels I believe.Go to the Lowrance website and learn everything you need to know including an emulator that you can actually play with on your computer.Totally agree with T the Lowrance hands down is better.:smile2:

4. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Looks like I'm going to get the LCS-17, seems like it may be a lil more powerful.

Anyone know of any place to get a deal on a new unit other than Bass Pro or Cabelas?

5. Tiny

Tiny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
  6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't have a clue. They have so many, what is the the most resonable model you would purchase if you could. I don't need gps or any of that I just need something good and decently priced.

7. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    boaters world.com has real good prices and no shipping or sales tax