BOC First Post

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Jacksmooth, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Ok so Im reading through some older post and am wondering what was the first post on the BOC from back in the day? There are some really good threads and post here if you have the time to look around.

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Its hard to be certain because the sands of time have become distorted over the years but I believe this may be my first post on the BOC :big_smile: Check out the graceful punctuation, spelling, and wordsmithing I laid down in this beaut:smile2:

"hey whats up round here know one fishin for these beautiful catfish our state has been stocking our lakes.i live in middlesex county and some of my bigger cats have come from stone tavern lake and carnegielake in princeton if anyone else is interested in sharin spots or techniquelet me know maby i could help you find a new favorite pond or vise versa"

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    And a dozen or so posts later came my first apology thread :smile2:
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16192

4. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Terry thanks for the laugh.:smile2:

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well i joined in June.. but ive always thought about goin back and looking at the ones in 05' ive gave the titles a peek but nvr really had time to look thru em.. :roll_eyes:

6. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Here's a brief history that I can somewhat remember from back then.

Around '97-'98, everyone was meeting at the carp.net chat room, Oatmeal Jack created a chat room for the catfishermen.
    Yahoo group was also formed, and someone(Uncle Sci-Fi?) started up a forum/webpage. At the time, I was only on the chatrooms.
    Oatmeal shut down the chat rooms, and I lost contact with everyone.
    Over the next few years, I did find the forums again, but either didn't bookmark or the address changed.

Then in May 2002, Paul fired up www.brotherhood-of-catfishermen.com, which was the new home for the next 3 years.

Then in August of 2005, he moved the Brotherhood to www.catfish1.com, where we've been since.

As far as I know, Catfish1 is the fifth life of Brotherhood.

Now to get Paul to write a little history of the B.O.C.

Will

7. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Thanks Will! Paul has a video on the history of the BOC. I was just bored the other night and searching old threads and was wondering what the first one said. I'll find that video and post it for you. Thanks again!

AHH here it is!
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116419

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009