BOC Cruivre Island Outing Invites YOU! - Sat 6/16 at 5:00 PM

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by cpalombo, Jun 13, 2007.

1. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    A few of us were chatting in the "Old Monroe" thread about getting out this weekend for a mid-spawn group skunk-fest. If you have a boat, or no boat but are willing to share gas money, let guys know you want to attend. Use this post to secure a ride so that we don't have to leave anyone at the launch.

Where?: Crivre Island Launch just south of Old Monroe (Take 79 north to Dalbow and hang a right after the bait shop. If you get into downtown Old Monroe (aka: old Old Monroe) then you have gone too far.

When?: Satureday June 16. Meet at 5:00 PM Central Time. Fish till 1ish. There is space on the launch area for a bonfire and hotdogs if that is your thing.

Why?: To meet BOC'ers and get skunked together in the mid-spawn season.

Who?: You!

Cost?: Yes, if you dont have a boat, use this thread to find a willing boater who can take you. Be ready to share gas costs (it is the right thing to do).

If you have a boat and are planning on going, let some of the non boaters know so that we can get some of the land lovers on to the fish. If you are needing a boat ride, let folks know and get that set up before you arive (so that we dont need to leave anyone at the launch that does not want to be there). There is great flathead and channel fishing off the river shore for many yards up and down from the launch, so you can also do that too!

CP

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Chris.....I'm all INTO gettin' skunked in the mid-spawn season.....heck, I'm good at gettin' skunked in ANY season :lol:. Are your brother and Elena gonna be there? I just wish I could make a trip up that way, sounds fun! I might even eat a hotdog :smile2:. I hope you get lots of replies, and that y'all have a wonderful outing bro! Cool post brother man!

3. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I would be up for trading some gas money and a few skippies(fresh if I can get them frozen if not) for a seat.

I got some new to me penns that are just dieing to reel heavy sinkers in all night.

4. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Well, I'd love to join you....But, I see that there are way to many people looking for a ride and since I have a boat (just to chicken to take it on the Mississippi yet) I'll let someone else take a spot. Don't get me wrong if there is any openings I'd love to tag along, but at the same time I'd just as soon someone else who doesn't get to fish from a boat get to go in my place. If anyone needs a partner for the night shoot me a PM and we can exchange numbers as stated earlier I'll gladly help with gas ( I know it can get expensive) As stated in another post here I'm really looking for someone to go with thats got a pretty good knowledge of the river...maybe teach me what to look for. If I can get a better feel for being on the larger rivers then maybe one of these times I'll be meeting you all with my boat.

5. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Catgirl,

Sal and Elena are not going to make this trip, but i may be catching some trout on the fly with him in 2 weeks in the Pere Marquette River in Central Michigan! Gramps is turning 80 and all the pizanos from Rome, Detroit, Toronto, the Bronx, and St Louis are going to come in and eat a roasted wild Russian boar. Sal and I are going to start the grill at 1:00am on the morning of, and be feeding the family by 6pm that night. It will be an Italian Guido Daigo Ho-Down... Pasta Style!

BTW, how in the world does everyone know Sal? I have lived all over the country, and people still know me as Sal's older brother. (Whisky Tango Heckter?) He should run for political office some day. His political stand would be novel, but he would certainly get the votes! Everyone knows him.

And behind every great man is a great woman. That is Elena... the saint. She is a wonderful person, and a fine wife for Sal. When they got married, I gave a toast and said that Sal marrying Elena was like giving a fine violin to a gorilla. I know she loves him, but I just don't know how she puts up with Sal's smelly yellow feet (with mushrooms, hair, and lice). That is not a joke, I have nighmeres about those feet. We camped together in the same tent a few years ago and his feet brushed up against me. I thought it was the paw of a bear. The smell keeps the mosquitos away , but the wild dogs wanted to rub in them.

Really, they are a great couple of people and I am blessed to have them in my family.

CP

6. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Folks, I'm jealous -- and I'm unfortunately on the wrong side of the state to come meet everyone and show y'all how to get proper skunked. I know there was a collective sigh of relief after that one. Not about the skunking lesson, but the coming to meet everyone. The local courthouse would be flooded with requests for restraining orders...again.

Chris, (and whomever else is responsible) this is a great idea. Thank you for being so courteous in ensuring that everyone has a ride to the island. I think that's pretty cool and is absolutely in line with the spirit and values of the BOC. If there's some kind of medal for that, I'll be glad to fill out the nomination form.

I'd love to see something like this in KC -- I'm sure it's been done, but I've only been privy to BOC events for a few months. Though this weekend is shot, I would definitely like to try to pull something like this off @ Kaw Point and see if some of the KC BOCers can make it (and non-BOCers alike).

With that said -- everyone, please be safe.

BTW, Chris -- your observations on Sal's podiatry seriously had me laughing this weird sniffle/chuckle/guffaw. My wife was really worried enough that she poked at me with our "Poking Stick" (which is usually reserved for delicately seeing if our 9 month old daughter is still breathing when she sleeps). The laughing hurt, but I couldn't stop no matter how many times I got back up and hit the floor. Bear's paw. Awww it started again. Nightmares....wild dogs rubbing...omg this is a slippery slope...

*several minutes of hysterics and spasmodic flopping*

I think I'm done. Is it normal to see yourself from above your own body when you laugh really hard? How am I able to type this when I can't see or feel my fingers? The words are just appearing on the screen...whooa, this is creepy. Wait.....Whatever, I have now found the secrets of the universe, and I no longer need the wisdom of this message board. Farewell.

Owch, I hit my head on the light toward which I was heading...aww crap. I've reincarnated as a freakin moth. Reeeeeaaaal funny. What's next, a lightning bug? Not only am I allergic to those things, but I used to wiffle-ball the crud out of them (duh, maybe that karmic retribution is responsible for your allergy).

p.s. I'm being completely honest about that lightning bug allergy. I'm lucky like that.

7. backedde

backedde New Member

State:
    missouri
    man it sounds like a great time but me to thats i a littel fether than i would like to drive. i read all of your alls post and you all seem like great peopel and would like very much to set around a fire and listen to a few stories or tell one or two myself. maybe we could do somthing like this a littel latr in the year down at the waverly boat ramp that seems to a nbetween spot for a lot of boc)ersanys ways let use know how it turns out

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Ok Chris I can no longer stand to see you butcher the spelling of Cuivre Island or Cuivre River. :crazy:

How tragic would it be if someone was googling for it with the spelling so horribly wrong. They may never find the location and could completely miss the upcoming BOC skunk-fest.

Oh and it is pronounced like liver but with a KW sound in front. As in Kwiver.

Got it?:0a26:

9. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Malichi1970 we need to get you out on that river.

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

hey malichi1970 i see you respect the miss. river and thats your 1st step.
    long as you respect the river and dont get out there and do something stupid like wave jumping or playing chicken with barge's you'll be fine:wink::wink: good luck, & good fishing

11. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Hey social coordinator for the Old Monroe Glee Club, I’ll try to stop by a bit before 5:00 to meet all the BOC folks there, tell a few stories and enjoy all the great company but will have to split a little later. It’s always great to meet the people behind the avatar’s. See ya all there.

12. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'll probably show up also for a meet and greet. I'm making my first shakedown cruise Sunday during daylight hours so I won't be fishing Saturday night either.

Picked up my safety equipment, registration, sonar etc....... just have to get it installed.

:waaaht::waaaht:HOLY CRAP!!!!!! I forgot the numbers for the side of the boat!!!!!!:waaaht::waaaht:

13. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN

I will be fishing with chicken Luivre this weekend.

CP

14. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    we need a definate list of who is going and who has spots they are willing to trade for some gas money/skippies.

15. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry guys but it looks like I am out for the skunk-fest. I was really looking forward to it as well. Late Saturday or possibly Sunday night is a slim possibility for me but I have been otherwise committed for Saturday evening. A buddy of mine is being deployed to the mid-east on short notice (on Father's Day of all days) so we are throwing him a going away party on Saturday at the park (Jefferson Barracks).

It will probably be over by 7 or 8 but I don't want to chance running new waters for the first time in the dark. Therefore if I get out I think I'll be running the more familiar waters of the lower Alton pool.

I was looking forward to meeting a few of you who I have yet to have the pleasure to meet yet but such is life. I look forward to hearing the tales of this event and promise to post up soon for a fishing trip to get some more of our land-locked bruthas out in da boat to chase the monsters of the deep.

Best of luck to all that attend. Be safe and have fun!

16. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I'm ready when you are!

I've been fishing, floating, and swimming in rivers all my life and learned at a young age to respect any river no matter how big or small. I'm not worried about the waves and barges as much as recognizing the underwater wing dykes and water breaks that are on the bigger rivers. While I've fished the Mississippi I've never been out on anything smaller than the paddle wheel boats that take you on a ride.

17. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    This might be a silly question, but this takes place at which ruivre?

And when you use chicken luivre, do you use the whole thing or just a sluivre?

Well, I gotta go because I'm going to watch that Edward James Almos movie "Stand and Deliuivre".

I think my wife has been playing with the thermostat because the A/C is on and I'm starting to shuivre.

18. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    I am again rolling on the floor with tears in my eyes. That was a good one Cube.

Now, I am going to go and watch reruns of Luivren and Shirley!

CP

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    hey gang i never been to the Kwiver river lol.... I think he started something...lol but i'll be coming from 70 & goodfellow
    if i take 70 west where do i get off?

20. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    This is what I have came up with for a list of people that have said they are going.

CP-In his Boat
    Catfish Willie-In his boat?
    BajaCoop-Looking for a spot
    Malichi1970-Spot if open

Others that have expressed interest at sometime or have made posts in thread that may or may not want to go.

River Rat
    FisherKing
    Teamwhiskers

It would be great if everyone could chime in with a definate yes or no and if they are in a boat and trading a spot for help with gas who is planned to be in that spot.