BOC Bros/Sis's,I need all the help and support I can get,PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Nov 21, 2006.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm starting on a quit smoking med tomorrow.Its Chantix,Thanks to DaveL & cattledogz for the info and help.I'll lay the cigs down on Dec.1,maybe a cpl days before,I hope.Please,I need all the support and help to conquer this addiction.I've been smoking for approx. 15 years,1-1/2 packs a day.Its gonna be rough but with the support at home and hopefully the support from my BOC family,I can kick this nasty habit.
    Any and all thoughts,ideas and prayers will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
    If there is anyway I can help any of you out,please feel free to ask in this thread or PM me.If you need my email addy,PM me and I'll be glad to give this to you.
    I think of you all as my extended family and I feel you all can help me kick this nasty habit!
    Thank You to each and everyone of you for the help and support in advance and may God Bless each and every one of you!!!
    I'll keep you all updated as I start the med and more so starting the day I lay them down for good.
    Once again,Thank You all very much!!!

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck John! Stay with it, you wont be sorry.

3. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Hang in there Brother John !!! I haven't had the real guts to quit myself, but I'm all for ya!!!

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Prayers for your success brother! congrats on making the decision to kick the habit.I have never been a smoker so I dont know what you'll be going through but I hope you make it.

5. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Good luck John im behind you 100%, I need to quit to it is a hard addiction to beat, but you can do it brother just keep a positive attitude.

6. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Good luck we are with you all the way

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'll continue to update often and let you all know how this med works.Maybe some people will want to try it.

8. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Not me...I'm no quiter!!!​

I'm sure I'll be sorry some day.

9. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Good Luck John. I quit after 20 plus years of over 2 packs a day. It was the hardest thing I ever did and I know you can do it.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm kinda nervous abt this,its gonna be rough.
    I need the continued support from the family to get through this with as less of problems I can.
    Thank You and God Bless.
    BTW,I will start on the Chantix tomorrow and lay them down on 1 week from tomorrow.

11. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    This is how I feel as well. We all need to quit this nasty habit. Good luck John may the power be with you.

12. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Good luck to you John. It probally won't be easy for you but just stick with it. It's all in your mind, you just have to want to do it. I quit after 15 years, just laid them down one day and said to myself enough of this. Wish all the luck in the world to you. Make us proud!!

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    You can do it man, just think about how bad they are for you and that should help you.:eek:oooh: Also, think about all of the money you will save when you quit, extra fishing money.:smile2:

14. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    John, I wish you the best of luck in conquering such a harmful habit, I'm behind you all the way.

BTW, my mom used to smoke 3 packs a day & got hypnotized, hasn't smoked another one since, been 25 yrs:eek:oooh:

15. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Good Luck John,I Know You can do it Sir! Your Friend J.D.

16. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Best of luck to you John. I've been smoking for 40 + years and I've tried to quit several times but haven't been able to pull it off yet. Hope you do better. Hang in there. We're all pulling for ya.

17. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck John, if you wanna send me a prescription for it I'll gladly join ya. Just can't afford the cost of the chantix. :big_smile:

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You keep messing with DH, and you are gonna be able to quit in no time, LOL!!! They don't allow smokin in hospitals, ROTFLMAO!!!! J/K

Best of luck to ya Lil'Buddy!!!

19. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    John I am here buddy I have enclosed a package for you to open as soon as you can so you can start out fresh brother, I told you I am here to help.

Here is a photo of your package.

20. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Good luck John, I sure hope you kick the habit man. CIgarrete smoking stinks, its nasty, and can kill you, that pretty much tells me it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:oooh: