BOC boys ( and girls) go trout fishing

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lovedasmelloffish, Jan 4, 2010.

1. lovedasmelloffish

lovedasmelloffish New Member

State:
    California
    Ray, his son Andrew and Andres buddy Chris, Monstercatcher and his wife, Pile Driver and myself went trout fishing at Turlock lake this weekend. I didnt have any luck, but everyone else caught a trout. Fishing for trout on my catfish gear didnt work to well!!! LOL...... Monsters wife also caught a nice carp. Their was a bunch of folks catching their limit. Next week Ill have the right gear and bait to limit out when i return. Pink power balls was the best bait. If you like fishing for trout, Turlock lake is the spot right now if your in the area.

All in all, it was a good time fishing with friends!!!

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Yea - Now that what I'm talking about - "Having a good time on the water"!!!
    That sounds like everyone had themself a good old time out there. :006::0a18:
    :wink:

3. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Thanks for the report Russ. I should go trout fishing once this year before the cold weather ends. Right now they are planting jumbo trout(4-10lbs) on the Kings River just below Pine Flat Lake.

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Sean I have fished the down side of Pine Flat res.... for trout on roosertails.... was fun... but again it was back some years ago.... my buddy was using a fly pole...

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Below Pine flat SUCKS! I am talking elbow to elbow of fishermen.

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I forgot about California and the wall to wall fisherman....

When I was there...(back a bit) it was me and my fly fishing buddy....

AT the river.... heading out soon.....