BOC beginning?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by OkieBo, Mar 22, 2008.

1. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I was just curious what prompted the start of this BOC website? I have noticed that alot of the older join dates are back to August 2005. I am basically asking for a little history lesson. Thanks

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    August of 05 is when we moved from the old site. I joined the BOC in aug. of 04, there are members on here that have been here from the begining which I think was in 2001, not sure though (about the date)!!!

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I tripped over the old site about April '05...

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I believe the original site was started around 98 or 99.

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I joined in 2002, but have heard that it started sometime about 1998 or 99. A 10 year anniversary will be here soon for the B.O.C.

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I started the year prior to the new site.

7. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
  8. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Maybe a sticky on this subject in the forum home page would be in the works? I think this would be interesting information for all the BOC old and new. Thank for reading!

9. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK

It's an idea. I think the reason it hasn't been done before is that it's so hard to summarize the BOC's beginning in just one stickied thread at the top of any section. We've had threads trying to find the currently active member who has been on the BOC longest, members going back to find their first post and share it with everyone again, stories about the first gathering you've ever attended, the first BOC member you fished with, etc. Together we are the BOC and it's history is always changing. For each member there is a different beginning. I wouldn't want to try putting all that into just one post. I think threads like this that make us think back and remember our own BOC beginning do a pretty good job at it.

10. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Yes it looks like there would be an array of comments on personal beginings. I just was thinking of a basic outline. Me personaly, I met Dennis Rice/ACATS at the Claremore show in 2006. He showed me the first magazine with this website in it. I could tell right away this would be a blooming place to be. Although i do not have many posts since my joining. I do enjoy the little time i do spend here.