boc are honest people

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by willcat, Nov 30, 2007.

1. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Just wanted to post this so everyone knows there are still some honest people out there! as some of u know i took out the lower unit recently on my toon. I wasn't having much luck at all finding the parts. I was about 30 minutes away from going to buy another motor to re-power my boat when i checked the replies to my post and saw that a guy had posted saying he had a motor that he thought would be the same. I did some research and found out that it was the same as mine and proceeded to make arrangements to buy this lower unit from this guy. Well i mailed him 200$ & told him to ups it to me next day service. Turned out he couldn't get the lower unit off and called me the next day to tell me so. He offered to send me my money back, and would try to find someone to buy the "whole" motor so i said i would rather just give him the 400$ he originally wanted for the whole thing. Well we worked it out and instead of getting the lower unit i bought the whole motor. Here's how it went, i talked to him on the phone & sent him the other 200$. Now i've never met this guy, only saw that one post he made on my thread. He shipped me the motor from his buddy's shop next day service and called to make sure i got it Ok. I have to admit in the back of mind i was kind of skeptical at first, but said o well this is the only way i'll get what i need to fix my boat, so i did & both parties were completely satisfied!!! Just thought that was very cool that he went ahead and sent it, called to make sure everything went good, and waited for me to send the rest!!!!

2. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Seems so far like that's the "way they roll" here...Nice ain't it.
    :big_smile:

3. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Nothing I like hearing better than hearing about someone being honest.You turn on the news and its who shot who at 5,who robbed who at 5:30 and at 6 who is scamming.
    Thats what i like about fishing.

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's been my experience here. Although we sometimes disagree, (as any family does) I don't think you'll find a nicer, friendlier, more honest group of folks anywhere. Boots is right! That's the way they roll on the BOC.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Except for the ones that order rods from sponsors and don't pay for em. LOL!

Great story. Kinda restores the faith. THANX!

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Out of all the people I have delt with personaly on here I have had two that wasn't honest with the deal. I can live with it if they can. It won't sour me up on man kind and I'll continue to help or deal with people that are in need.
    Glad everything turned out well.
    All people aren't bad, most are good honest people.

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I have sold vehicles and financed several brothers and only had one put the screws to me (much better than my industry average). Trust is huge in my line of work and I am proud to say there are brothers here I would entrust my life and the lives of my wife and children to.

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Thanks for posting that! It's good to see there are still honest people out there.
    Bill

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Trust me when I say this. I honestly believe that I am honest and trustworhty. As a mater of fact I may be to honest and to trusting. I trust that honest people are trusty worthy too. Since most honest people associate with other honest people and since I am an honest person and I am associated with the BOC then it only stands to reason that the BOC is honest. Now on the other hand you can honestly trust some people to screw you and if you trust most folks like me, trust me you will meet one someday. The big question is how much trust to trust and individual with and does honesty have different degrees? Trust me these are serious questions to contemplate. How gray is the area between truth and honesty and can you truly trust honestly, or honestly truly trust? :eek:oooh::crazy::smile2:

10. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jack, there is certainly some truth to what you honestly believe. But don't you think if you were honestly truthful, that to ensure you were being honestly respected that you would take a 100% down payment on anything that you were going to offer as an honest service to someone. Truthfully here, people are less than trustworthy, unless it is your lawyer trying to get you off a murder charge, then he is as honest as they get.

So thankfully there are some honest people out there, but just to be sure you don't get bent over from trusting people carry a big shoulder holster, with a live load in the hammer chamber and 5 behind that .

11. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Jack,
    Honestly, truthfully, you have lost your mind! Trust me on that. I am trustworthy and I honestly truly know that you have truly honestly gone over the honest to goodness deep end. Honestly, wouldn't you truly like help from a truly honest trustworthy soul like me?

Truly,
    Your fishin pardner

12. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Honest car salesman.... ain't that an oxymoron...?:smile2:

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    In my opinion ,There are a few in this world who ain't ,But for the most part we're all Honest folk,

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Will,
    I think you were also lucky. It just as well could have went the other way. Myself, I wouldn't trusted sending money to anyone that had only posted once... not even on BOC. This is the World Wide Web. There is plenty crooks out there, mixed in with the honest people.

Would be a totally different situation with members that had been around for some time. I've had the good fortune to meet face to face some of the fine folks on BOC. But there is plenty on here that I have never met that I feel are good honest people.
    Maybe I'm a little over cautious, guess that comes with old age. :wink:

Glad to hear, all went well.

15. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Uncle Jesse, did you just call me a moron?!?!? :angry:

Just remember this. Perhaps I be one cuz it don't take no collage edicashun to sell carz! :wink:

16. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Im glad that worked out for ya bro...that's a lot of money on the line in exchange for someone's trust! The BOC is definitely a good place.

Now....speaking of oxymorons...here's a question....

If a liar admits to being a liar, does that make them an honest person...or just an honest liar?!:eek:oooh:

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The Cowboy way ....seal a deal with a handshake and yer word that is just plain true good buisness...........................................................

18. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    being he was from louisiana & me from texas i could have driven but o well it worked out, and i am a trusting person, maybe too trusting for my own good. but i beleive if u help someone u will be rewarded in return.it wasnt his first post, but first one i had seen!!!!now for the people who ordered rods & didnt pay, at least he can still sell them to somebody else & get his money!!!!i would have had to go get mine!!!!lol:smile2:

19. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    one other thing, i wouldn't have made the deal if it wasn't with somebody from here on the boc either. i probably would have just re-powered the boat instead. The only reason i went through with it was because of the brotherhood !!!! thanks guys, just glad it all worked out and my boat is running!!!

20. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yes, Jack, I figured that the Honorable Postbeetle would understand what you said. As for me, I'll just say, "What he said!" :embarassed: