BOC Addiction - What keeps you coming back?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cattledogz, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    For me its so much more than all of the priceless information on every aspect of catfishing to be found on the BOC.

This site offers gifts each and every minute we are signed on to it. No, not the ones in the contests and giveaways which are great, but the ones that matter the most, the ones that come from the heart. Giving, getting, caring, sharing of ourselves and to ourselves from others in the form of knowledge, a simple thank you, finding someone with the same medical or family problems as yourself, sharing wonderful recipes, words of encouragement, etc. You know, the ones that can't be bought!

Its the friendships that are formed, the total acceptance into the huge BOC family, the comraderie, and often the compassion that is shown here.

Never have I found a place, virtual as on here, or locally here around home that so many will readily step up and offer/give help to another without being asked or expecting anything in return.

Many members choose not to post an avatar, which is their right, but let me tell you that the first BOC gathering I ever attended was the 2006 National Gathering and due to the avatars I knew who someone I never met in person before was when I saw them and was astounded at how many people knew who I was. The avatars really do add a whole new dimension to the family/friendship atmosphere.

Talk about total acceptance - right from the very start at that National Gathering no one was a stranger! I repeatedly saw members greet other members that they had never met before with open arms just as if they were meeting a long time friend or family member they had not seen in some time.

On any given day I can come on here and find several posts that will bring a smile to my face or make me laugh out loud to myself, both of which are some of the best medicine known to humankind and the best part is, its FREE medicine!

I can make a post that gets read by someone I have never met and that post can help someone or brighten their day just a little.

Most of us can pick and joke in a humorous way and have a ton of fun doing it without anyone's feathers getting ruffled.

Its just a great place that keeps me coming back for more.

How about you; what keeps you coming back?

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    For me it`s the great people.

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i think you covered it well barb BOC is just one great site

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I couldnt have said it any better Barb. This is a great place and it has some great members. I do wish more had an avatar though.:smile2: It makes a big difference, especially at gatherings.

5. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Thanks, Barb... I've only been on here a couple of weeks, just getting back into catfishing...The TONS of info is incredible, and I've learned alot...

But I'm almost ready to find another forum... Seems to me that there are a few posters that think they know it all and keep hijacking posts and trying to pick internet fights over the way fish should be fished for... "Their way or the highway " types...

Is there any way that I can personally block posts by particular posters ? Just so they don't show up when I pull up a thread. I don't mean to whine, but all the bickering and "holier than thou" stuff is really bumming me to this site...

6. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Oh, sorry, I'll get rid of my avatar as soon as I can figure it out...

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well over 104 reasons in my friends list. and that aint 1/2 of them lol.

just met some new folks this weekend at my 4th illinois gathering.:wink:

i came here because of the catfishing. i stayed because i made family.:cool2:

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    So right about Barb doing a great job covering the many reasons to come to BOC.

Right about avatars. At the 2006 BOC Gathering I recognized several people. But of course couldn't think of most peoples name or handle.

Overall I'll say its the variety and home feeling that keeps me coming back.

9. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    Barb ,I agree with you wholeheartedly, I also have that same weird feeling , kind of like driving past an accident and trying not to look!:smile2:

10. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Barb you absolutely hit the nail on the head so you left me with nothing more to say.:eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The ease at breakin stones and gettin shots thrown back at ya. GOD I LUV IT!!!!!!!:cool2:

12. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Miss Barb you said it just fine. There ain't another place like it.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You done real good Barb,Cant add or remove from perfection,God Bless ya Gal.

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <BOC Addiction - What keeps you coming back?>

ADDICTION! And... ALL the other good things you mentioned about the forum. :smile2:
    Bill in SC

15. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    How bout ---------- Dang it Barb you done said it all but I agree

16. BigCountryRob

BigCountryRob New Member

State:
    champaign i illinios
    hey barb i am a new member and i hope to find that whole loving family thing your talkin about as for right now its the pictures of the huge catfish i am seeing just need to find the technics these guys are using

17. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Barb , it's all you said and more sis....
    This is family here and I'm a family person.
    :wink::big_smile::big_smile:

18. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    what keeps me coming back? well it's my homepage......the first darn thing i see when i turn my computer on.....

19. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well to begin with it was just anouther fishing site to me but now it is family as alot of you know i moved hear to IL. 9 months ago from NC. im new kid in town no friends so i come hear every day to be with all my brothers and sissters:wink::big_smile::cool2:

20. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Barb for an excellent post. I agree with everything you said. " There is no place, like this place, anywhere near this place, so this must be the place". I love the Brotherhood. " Its an itch I can't scratch".:smile2: