Bob's Update

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mr Okie, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    From Bob on Facebook....

2. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    bob glad your home and in time for christmas, have a good one and il see ya on the water soon.

3. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    Bob I hope you get well soon and have a Merry Christmas!!

4. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I talked to bob last night. He did sound a little weak but that ws a big operation he had. He will be fishing with us soon.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks Scott. Hopefully he'll be up and runnin soon. Probably needs rest, those pretty nurses take it's toll an a ole guy. Merry Christmas everybody

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Glad to hear the ol' farts alive and kicking!:big_smile::smile2:

7. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Bob glad to have back, are you going well enough to be at the leadfest ?

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    at this time it is up in the air to say the least. Pretty weak just to wait and see.

9. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    How much energy does it take to sit on your Kiester and have all the members wait on you hand and foot?
    Just kidding-give it some time and we'll get you down here and back so dont try to use that for an excuse ,besides cabin Fever will prob. be set in be Leadfest

10. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Good to hear you're alright,Bob.

11. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    good to hear ur back bob just get some of that good ol rest and get back on the water when u can:big_smile:

12. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey you old fart, better get back on your feet.. I still expect you to make a trip down here to try out my new boat with me.. Sure is nice to be away from all that nasty cold weather.. Think I'll go fishing tommorrow and break in the new boat.. hehehe

13. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well I will be darned. I figured them Cajuns done fed you to the gators. How have you been my friend?. We missed your words of wisdom. Hope all is going well for you down yonder. I would love to come down and fish some of your honey holes. But I got a little mending to do for a while.

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Nope the cajuns down here are friendly folks.. Did I mention the food is great too.. hehehe.. Benn spending all my time working and getting to know the area.. I'm on call every other weekend so I can't fish on those weekends and then there's the tropical rainstorms that seem to pop up just about the time I get the boat hooked up.. I sold my deep vee.. Got tired of catching sharks and it was too big for the swamps.. I now have a brand new War Eagle 1648 with a 25 hp on it.. Now I can fish my way,, set the poles out and take a nap.. hehehe.. Hope you get to feeling better quick.. I'm going to take the boat on its maiden voyage tommorrow in the swamps.. Supposed to be almost 60 here and sunny for a change..

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I also thought the gators got ya Unc. I ask your gateway friends awhile back about contacting you and made a thread in the La. section. Nobody seen ya.:confused2: Hope all is well and it sounds like your enjoyin the south. It'll certainly grow on a fellow, sorta like moss. Missed ya buddie, take care.

16. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I see your getting your sense of humor back, Bob.:crazy::wink:

17. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Well with all the rain we have had the swamps are 9 ft deep instead of 3 to 4.. in the shallow areas.. Way too much water to find any fish, so needless to say I still haven't caught a channel cat or blue since I moved down here.. I did catch some saltwater cats this summer.. Now those are some strange looking catfish, and you talk about slime, they have plenty.

18. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    So, you are saying that moving down there did you know good at all. You still cant catch fish.

19. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I got real good at catching 30 to 50 lb sharks.. They got more teeth than me so I really didn't enjoy having to take them off the hook.. Wascatching 5 to 6 every time I went out.. Also caught 1 18inch Redfish.. Fillet'd it and put it on the grill.. Did I mention the food is great down here.. hehehe

20. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    damn there went 5 bucks, harold we had a pool going up here on how long till a gator got you, i had my money on 3 months:smile2::smile2::smile2: good to here from you e1 has been wondering were you run off to.