bobcat hunting in kansas

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by crazy, Dec 2, 2005.

1. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Anyone notice the out rages price in nonresidence hunting licenses. I plan on doing some coyote hunting in Kansas some time in the next couple of weeks and was looking at the regulations in Kansas. For a nonresidence they want you to buy a 112$ bobcat tag per bobcat to hunt them. I guess those kitties are safe from me over there. Heck you cant even sell the fur to come out ahead on the price of the tag.

2. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Crazy everywhere you go the out of state liscense & tags are always like that. I know here in Oklahoma the price gets steep real quick for people from out of state.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I would not say every where. Some states just can't take the heat from the locals saying "they are shooting all of our game". :) Like take it here in Missouri, how can you beat a $7 out of state doe tag?

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Kansas had never allowed non-residents to hunt deer until quite a few years ago. I'm not sure what they cost now but back then when they finally opened it up to hunt a non-resident deer tag was like $450.00. :eek:

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Spoon, very true.. a kansas tag is like 320$ now. I think it use to be like 250$. My family owns a farm over there with some big deer on it. So i'm going to have to break down and get a tag.

6. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    well crazy I'll admit when I'm wrong but i think you have to agree that most states make you pay a steep price for being from out of state and wanting to hunt. I know here in oklahoma that a 3 day non resident fishing lisence is more than a resident lisence thats good for the entire year.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Naa Okie, I thought oklahoma hunting license was pretty resonable really. When I was down that way turkey hunting.

8. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    My wife's from the Okla. panhandle and i think if you want a pheasant lic. then you get a combo pheasant/turkey lic. and it's $137.00 I understand the price b/c they don't have that much quality pheasant land and if it was cheap it would get real crowded real fast and no one would have any birds. I just buy a out of state ks when i go down and drive 10 miles to ks to hunt lots of Walk in land. $72.50 for out of staters. Neb. even cheaper $67.00 but, some $12.00 stamp for something or other.

9. smallriverrat

smallriverrat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't know about hunting licenses but my friend pays the same amount for a nonresident fishing license for Mo then if he payed for a KS resident tag. A Mo nonresident fishing license is like $40 and a resident fishing license in KS is like $35. Non resident tag for me is like $40+ for KS. And for me I pay like $20 for hunting small game and fishing license in Mo.

Dave