Bobby Jr. want nothing to do with BHR!

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by smokey, Jan 22, 2007.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    WOW Bobby Hamilton Jr. went off this weekend on BOBBY HAMILTON RACING! He said that he hates some of the people that came to work there in the last 6 months. " I wash my hands with them," " I want nothing to do with them"He said he will go back to his busch team, and be happy.This was shown on speed ch. smokey

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    remember that dale,sr. was not all that nice to jr. while he was growing up. jr. still has problems with DEI. these are still kids and have not grown up yet and realize what they have been given.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Dont forget, he just buried his dad.

I've got a book called WFO or wide..................
    It was a nonpartial writer that knew nothing of stock car racing who wrote the book. He got permission from 3 teams to follow them around to all the races one year and write about the drivers in depth and the hardships these drivers faced race by race .
    Bobby Hamilton
    Kenny Wallace
    Dave Marcus

Bobby lived without his dad for years. Only by the prodding of his wife did he and his father make ammends before his dad's death.
    His mother was an alcoholic who would call him and his friends at all hours of the night or bang on their doors looking for light bill money.
    This book was written and took the reader well behind the scenes of the racing we see on TV and into the personal and financial lives of 3 drivers.

These guys would second mortgage their home just to compete in one race laying it all on the line or in Dave's case live in a old camper trailer for years and race off the engines and parts team owners would give or loan him essentially not racing for a win but being the test bed for another team owner.
    Dave in his last few years of racing raced off 1.5 million in sponsor money for the entire year while teams like those of Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt at the time were racing off 8-10 million dollar budgets. These days its upwards of 15 million.

Not many people are aware that Mike Skinner was the son of a bar maid in Bakersfield California and he grew up in a bar hustling pool. He hustled to fund his racing. He built a car in a barn to run at Daytona. He showed up wearing flip flops and long hair proclaiming if he couldnt whoop your butt on the track he would whoop it in the pits. Guys like Rusty Wallace and Big E. quickly corralled him and told him how the game was played if he wanted to be able to play.

We know so little of the lives these guys live or of their personal struggles or maybe the dysfunctional families they come from. For the greater part all we see is the glamour and glitz portrayed on Sunday afternoon TV.
    There is no telling where Bobby Jr. is coming from or what he is lashing out at.
    As tufffish said , he is still a kid. A kid in the sense of the size of shoe he wears.

Its all fairy tale on the surface but in reality everyone of these guys put their jeans on one leg at the time just like we do and deal with alot of the same problems we face in day to day life.
    I couldnt imagine living that type of life racing with , for, and against my dad to suddenly lose him.
    He probally feels like the only person in the stands at Charlotte on Tuesday afternoon after Sunday's race.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I feel bad for BHJ.

"...We know so little of the lives these guys live or of their personal struggles or maybe the dysfunctional families they come from...."

Very true words. If the truth was known many attitudes would change towards a lot of drivers and owners. Some for the better, some for the worse.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Not many people are aware that Mike Skinner was the son of a bar maid in Bakersfield California and he grew up in a bar hustling pool. He hustled to fund his racing. He built a car in a barn to run at Daytona. He showed up wearing flip flops and long hair proclaiming if he couldnt whoop your butt on the track he would whoop it in the pits. Guys like Rusty Wallace and Big E. quickly corralled him and told him how the game was played if he wanted to be able to play.

I shot pool with Mike as his partner. I knew he was good but didn't know how good.

Those guys definately don't handle fame and FORTUNE real well.

They're just like the rest of us.