Bobby/Abby Kubin whack the cats with SECRET 7

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by HOLD-ACCOUNT, Apr 21, 2008.

1. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Here is the guide report and picture from Bobby and future catfish pro ABBY Kubin.:smile2:

I got the chance to do a little fishing with my daughter this morning on Lewisville. We caught 45 channel cats with a few blues mixed in in about 3 hours. No big fish today, but the action was good. We even had several doubles to boot. Abby learned how to watch a cork, take up the slack and set the hook on a slip cork rig. Not too shabby for a 4-year old. After about 30 fish she was flat worn out. She decided to let Daddy take over with the catching and she would be in charge of the fish clicker. All fish were caught in less than 3 feet of water on Secret 7 dip bait by Team Catfish and a few came on punch bait.

Team Catfish Tackle thanks Bobby and Abby for the report!:cool2:

Attached Files:

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    When is the fish fry ? Thanks for sharing the info and photo.

3. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Great pic and good job to bobby and his daughter. That secret 7 bait is great. I really need to buy some now before the summer starts.

4. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I always enjoy fishing with my daughter. She has really made a lot of progress with her fishing skills in the last six months or so. I'm very proud of her. Sunday was all "hands on" for her. She usually leaves the rod in the rod holder to fight the fish. That's where the double action circle hooks come in handy. Fishing dip bait on a slip cork rig takes a little more coordination. Unlike some other baits, the Secret 7 does make setting the hook easier for everyone, including little girls. The fish eat and swallow this bait. They don't just peck at it. When the cork goes under it rarely comes back up due to the fish spitting the bait out before you stick them. Abby caught quite a few by just reeling in without setting the hook. She did loose a few fish this way. After I told her when to jerk, she didn't miss any fish. We use the dead red dip tubes either whole or cut in half with a #6 treble hook. If you're not fast enough the fish will often swallow the entire dip tube and hook.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice haul, of catfish.

6. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Thanks for that info. I will definatly have to try using dipbait on a float rig now. I wanted to do this last year, but i did not know how it would have turned out nor if it would have worked.

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the info and thats a nice mess of catfish looks like your ready to have you a good catfish fry, man that looks like some really good eating size cats there, thank you again for sharing this with us.

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    What lake and what was the water temps at? I am having problems getting the fish attention here.. even used your Dead Red spray to liven up my bait without much success. Been kind of rough over here in IL.

9. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    Congrats on the nice mess of channels! I'll bet it won't be too long before the little one wants to go again!

10. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    I used the secret 7 dip bait a couple of days ago and had good success. I got off of work a little early and had a couple of hours to kill.

I caught 5 nice channels and missed one that I tried to set the hook too soon. This bait is different than any other dipbait I have ever used. The fish just nails it!! There aren't any peck peck bites.

It seems to work well in cool water also. The water temps in the lake I was fishing was around 60 degrees. In the past I could not catch cats on dipbait until the water warmed into the 70's. I can't wait to get out and try it again.

11. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Let us know how you do Chris. I know a guide here in OK that whacked around 30 channels on the SECRET 7 today in the Elk Rive arm of Grand Lake. He was also using the DEAD RED dip tubes loaded with the 2/0 JACKHAMMER hook.:cool2:

12. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Nice mess of fish, great to hear about kids getting in on the act too.
    Loop

13. FordGuy2001

FordGuy2001 New Member

State:
    Texarkana,Texas
    I just ordered a couple of tubs of this stuff. I hope it works for us!

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I guess Secret 7 dip bait works really good; I called and try to order a jar but was told it was sold out. The lady I spoke with said there was a tournament that wek and they sold out. I can't wait to try it along with dead red blood spray.

Jaime

15. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Thank you for your interest in the products.:wink:

We just picked up a new truckload. Its going fast after the SECRET 7 won the BPS manufactured bait tournament at lake Texoma last weekend.

Let us know if you would like some. Here is the link http://teamcatfish.com/store/index.php?cPath=35_50 The toll free phone # to odrer the SECRET 7 and DEAD RED Blood Spray is 866 466 5738.........If we don't answer leave us a message and we will call you back asap!

16. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I finally get to try it on lake calaveras this weekend, will post results!!!