Bobbers

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by bigblaze, Sep 9, 2007.

1. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    so i was looking for some big baseball sized bobbers to fish live bream under...but could not find anything....

one of my fishing partners (soupman) went to a crafts store and found the perfect substitute....

crafts store sell a large round styrofoam ball....we will have to drill a hole through it and use the bobber stoppers found on the cigar type bobbers but they should work great...

i went to wal-mart this afternoon and saw that they sell them there as well...in the craft section....they even sell softball size if your looking for something bigger

they can be painted black on one side and a bright color on the other side for visibility....we are going to attach a glo stick to ours as well for night fishing....

i can post some pics if any ones interested...

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Check the link in my signature. The best big kat-bobbers i've ever used!!! :big_smile:

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i usually pack balloons in my tackle bag for floating. i dont have to re-rig to putt one on or off.

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Check out wildwolf products man!!

Tom

5. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    i did see those... the squarness kind of turned me off... besides I am using these in heavy cover and can't let the cat run even an inch or it may be able to put me in a hang up.....i am fishing VERY HEAVY COVER!!!

i am using a regular j hook so... (and trust me I love circle hooks) (They are on all my other rods).... I can control the fish with a good solid hook set...but If mine don't work...I may try those....

thanks...

6. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Trust me, those katbobbers work like a champ. That squareness seems to help set the hook for you and they'll last forever compared to anything made our of styrofoam. I started using them with that same feeling, but they work very well.

7. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    I second what Bryan said. I use the Katbobbers and they beat anything out there. That styrofoam won't last long but the Katbobbers will be with you for years.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Trust me all of these men are trying to get you on track with the best. Give the katbobbers a try. You will never look back.:smile2: