Bobber Stops

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by SURFPREP, Oct 2, 2009.

1. SURFPREP

SURFPREP New Member

State:
    KY
    I try to use mono to tie a stop on mono. Works ok but slips quite a bit. What kind of stops do you guys use on mono?

Thanks,

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rubber bands for me. Cheap and work great, any office supply isle has them by the bag full. I use ones that are around 3/4 inch in dia. Wrap around line three times the tie a over hand knot.

3. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I steal the wife's embroidery thread. It grips quite well. Three wraps in the knot for light stuff and four for heavy stuff.

4. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    I cheat and buy the bags of pretied stops,which are a yellow heavy thread, if I have to make my own I use some old heavy braided line that works great.

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    This is a 5 picture, 2 post- pictorial instruction session on how to tie a slip knot for mono on mono that will not slide up and down the line when completely clenched down good. Until you move it yourself gauranteed. :wink:

This will be 30# on 30#

#1, Take a 6-7" piece of line and fold 2 1/2" back as shown.

#2, Hold in forefinger and thumb (forming a loop) lay it on top your main line and hold all together as shown.

#3, Wrap over main line 3-4 times ( keeping it above and snug against main line) as shown.

continued etc...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  6. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    #4, Now since you have 3-4 wraps only around the main line insert the tag end through the loop as shown.

(Moisten and pull both tag ends at the same time), until you have it pulled down on main line.

(NOW HOLD one end of knot at a time) and pull the tag out tight and repeat the same thing on the other end of the knot. (repeat this a 2-3 times) and tighten down good on the last couple pulls.

#5, Your knot will come together and snug against the main line as shown.

You will have a knot that will fish for a few days with you moveing it up and down your line to your desired depth, that will not be slipping on its own, and when it does start to slip just pull the tag ends to re-tighten and fish until your knot gives out.(around 5-7 days of fishing/moveing the knot) Then just re-tie another.:wink:

Hope this Helps. Kenny

Attached Files:

7. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Bass Pro Shops they are little rubber egg sinker shaped stoppers come on about a Nickle or quarter size yellow plastic disc with a bunch of wires comming off the disc each wire has a stopper on it with a loop out the end just run your line through the loop and slide the stopper off the wire onto your line then put a small bead on line above your float to catch stoppers I use two at a time they are red yellow and black I was using a single one but with heavy bait and hard casting they would move a little after a while so I tried doubling them up and never had a slip since. Just when running two of them when you want to change depths you cant slide them both together you have to move one where you want it then move the second up to it. They kick butt and are only like $1.50 FOR A PACK OF LIKE 30.

Attached Files:

8. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    I have a hard enough time finding my bright yellow twine stops sometimes,but thanks for the demo,reps to ya.

9. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I've used them little rubber stoppers years back and they seem to get cut by the mono and pop off, when you move them quickly up or down the line..Then you would have to tear down the whole set-up and add some more and re-tie.

Thats why I started tieing my own one day.:wink:

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ive been searching for bigger rubber ones. The only ones I have found are for smaller diameter line and do split apart on the size mono I use.:sad2: