Bobber Stops for Catfishing with Slip Bobbers

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by Doctor, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Bobber Stops​

I like to use bricklayers twine it is heavy and has a wax coating and will hold up well when it is wet.​

Here is a shot of the cord roll

[​IMG]

I will take and cut a 12 inch piece, just easier to do when you go tying the loops, then I unravel the cord which gives you three pieces.

[​IMG]

Take one of the strings and make a loop like so.

[​IMG]

Now take that loop and place it on top of your monofilament or braided line, I have the line still on the pole and have it taut easer to work with, then with your fingers pinch the cord to your line.

[​IMG]

Now take one end of the twine and run it thru the pinched loop you are holding about 4-6 times. When completed it should look like this.

[​IMG]

Grab the two ends and gently pull the twine, you will see the loops coil up and form right on top of your monofilament or braided line.

[​IMG]

Cinch them down tight, trim the extra

[​IMG]

There you have it, a stop knot that can be adjusted anywhere on your line, you can always use it to mark depths or how far you need to throw out to a particular spot, with this method the monofilament or braided line does not have to be cut and everything redone.
    I have used this method for years as I enjoy tying them and sometimes you just want to mark a spot on the line and this knot will not damage your line, I keep a partial of this twine in the boat or tackle bag at all times.​

Doc Lange 2-1-2006

NOTE: This article was also turned into a PDF file for those that would like it. Just download it or print it from the link below. Thanks Doc for a great article.

Click Here

2. peck

peck New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use rubberbands for my bobber spots. It seem to works great. Just make like a double hitch and slide apiece of rubberband throu and pull both ends of your line and you got it. But I have a small bead between the bobber and the stop. Hope you all under stand what I mean? :0a26: