Bobber for 2-3 ounce weight

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by HARVRAD2003, Apr 13, 2006.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I was thinking about using a 16 oz. water bottle as a bobber, I was thinking about sitting one up and seeing how much weight it'd hold before sinking. I know that I saw somewhere here or the old BOC how to set up a bottle as a bobber. Has anyone ever tried a bottle as a bobber--I figure it'd be alot cheaper than buying one if they'd work.

2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    They make foam eggs that I use by taking off the clips etc from a smaller on than attaching it to the new ball.

3. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Harvrad, Take a needle, heat it and make a hole "just large enough for your line to slide through" in the cap and a hole in the other end. Very little water will leak inside the bottle.

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Try balloons, they don't take up room transporting then to your fishing area and are convenient and easy to use.

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    check out the below link for where i got my idea. mine have a snap swivel attached to the eye bolt. figured i'd put a bead on before my 3oz sinker, that way i can go from bottom to a bottle float after dark without doing all the retieing. im just going to snap on the bottle before the bead, and attach a stop knot (if its not already on). im going to be using the shorter 8oz plasic bottles as well as the 16oz. the bottles hold way more than 3oz, in fact you have to add water to reduce some boyancy. im not even going to bother with the filling or the paint, just add a lightstick inside the bottle after dark. just make sure its watertight! http://cincinnaticatfishing.com/bobber.html

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have the Kat bobbers from our sponser MAINE WOLF PRODUCTS and they are great.

Link is to your right. Click on it. I dare you. Go on. Click it. You won't be sorry.

Did you click on it ? Do it now. Click it quick.