Bob Redfern's Outdoor Magazine with guide Chris Simpson

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by harper81, Mar 22, 2008.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Was just flipping through the channels and noticed a fishing show catching some cats. Then I noticed the guy on the show looked quite familiar. Sure enough it was our BOC own Chris Simpson. They were beating up some channels on Lake Greenwood. Congrats on the TV appearance Chris.

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Hate I missed that one,would have liked to have seen the Simpsonator laying the smackdown on some Greenwood cats,maybe it will be back on in the morning

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah I sorta look like a goober and definatly sound like one but it gets the point accross I guess.Thats my first time on the big screen so I was kinda jittery.I didnt get to be as informative as I would have like to been but it was kinda hard because everything is so fast paced.

A big big thanks to James Matherly (rivercatsc).Without him it never would have happened.He stuck his neck out for me and its hard to find people that do that nowadays.

4. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    Didn't know there were any movie stars on here. I would like to see that myself. Congrats Chris.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    No problem I am glad it worked out for you.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I wished I would have seen it I must of missed it

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I shoot TV shows eveyday and I will tell you that I would much rather be running the camera than staring into it. After being the subject I am sure that Chris has a much better appreciation and respect for the fishermen that do that day in and day out. :big_smile:

Congratulations Chris on the TV show appearance. It is great publicity for you and your guide service. With all the cocky and egocentric guides out there it is refreshing to see someone a little more down-to-earth like yourself. :wink:

We will see if my phone calls go straight to voice mail now.....:smile2:

8. meclaydog

meclaydog New Member

State:
    sc
    congarts on the show hris. i hate i missed it hard to find fishing shows that have catfishing on them especially in thearea i live in

9. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Who is this guy? Never heard of him. :worship::worship::worship::worship: Congrats on the show! Maybe Deiter could start filming you on your own show?

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Oh darn, I thought me, Pat and Pop Pop were gonna get to ride around the background lookin for Bigfoot ???? I hope next time we get our big chance.

WTG Chris, I hope it brings you more fortune and success in your guiding business. If all goes well I might see ya soon out that way.

-Jim-

11. QBQ

QBQ New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I didn't get to see it but I couldn't agree with Wyliecat more.
    Chris is just like you and I and treats everyone as a friend.
    He is obviously great for the sport of catfishing.

12. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...Maybe Deiter could start filming you on your own show?..."

I called him to suggest that and my call was forwarded to his agent....

13. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Congradulations, I know this will help you out alot, I hope it opens more doors for ya.:wink: