Bob Paul or Bubba

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by gardengrz, Oct 15, 2006.

1. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i am installing the electrical junction box on my boat and my question is that if i mount it the way the wires would want to run it would appear to be upside down. will it hurt to have the wires coming out the top or should thy come out the bottum of the box? thanks

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    So we understand each other, are you talking about the fuse box/box for accessary power?

3. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    ya the box that has starter soliniod ,regulater, and some fuses and neg. +pos. cables coming out of it thanks

4. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    even tho it looks like it would be upside down with the wires coming out the top i think i could mount a rubber flap to keep water from splashing on the wires

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    That box has been discontinued for over 40 yrs. I had one on a 64' 40 hp Johnson and recently got a 64' 28 hp johnson running. I never saw a problem with mounting it so the wires come in from the bottom.

It was mounted on the right side, rear of the boat or transom. Mount it with the wires coming in from the bottom or protect it the best you can. Keep it dry as possible.

Bob and Bubba's Outboard Advice Robert Gilvary Outboard Advice – If you are having problems with your outboard motor or have questions about routine maintenance or maybe just changing a part out Start a thread in here with your make, model number, and serial number. There are a couple of guys here that really know their stuff when it comes to these engines. You can’t beat the wealth of knowledge found here at no cost to you. USE INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.

The message above is at the top of the thread. This saves some time and wasted posting

6. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Bob is the bomb :big_smile: :cool2:

7. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    when you good,you good!