BOATS - What type of catfish boat do you have for Ohio?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by misterwhisker, Nov 7, 2008.

1. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    just curious what kind of boats fellow ohio members have?? ive got 2 a 18 foot astro bass.. i mean cat boat and a 20ft Beretta cuddy that is actually mrs. whiskers

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well being I fish some very skinny water most of the time... I bought a 1756 G3 duck boat with a 60/40 Mercury Jet on it... I can skip over shallow sandbars etc. as long as there is around 8" of water, and im by myself... pretty neat esp. in the fall time when the water is clear, to look over the side of the boat planed out to see bottom only inches under your AZZ:smile2: rollo

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    jets are cool, i gota couple friends that havem, i borrowed one fairly close to the one you have rollo....well to make a long story short i hit a log and flipped it...that fishin trip cost me about 2600 bocks:sad2: bout killed myself lol

4. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    ive got an old 16 ft tri- haul with 115 hp johnson on it

5. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i have 2 a 17 ft bowrider with a 115 hp evinrude on it and the pontoon, 24 ft with 9.9, we use the toon here at home and the other when going out somewhere there isnt a hp limit

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    19.5 ft Sea Nymph Aluminum Deep V, Evinrude 112hp, she gets the job done just fine.:wink:

7. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I sport an innertube, and my method of propulsion... any big fish:cool2:

...(actually it's some over-sized swim fins... but I can pull it off) :wink:

In all seriousness, I only take my boat out on ponds and small lakes when the weather is nice, it's a 12 ft john and I use either a small trolling motor or my oars to get around, it works.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    My wife recently bought me a 17 ft Starcraft "superfisherman". Its a real nice deep V with lots of space. I can not complain

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    My wife would drop a stick of dynamite in mine before she ever bought me one...:eek:oooh::smile2:

10. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
  11. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Been fishing many years in various boats..... Fishing alone and thinking while do so gives one time to think about important stuff such as "more fishing" LOL Got the 12 ft "smoker craft" and modified it to the hilt... then came the "Gregor" bayrunner.. hence the handle... Bayrunner Ray........ I did the modifications to it with the sideboads to keep me from falling out...LOL.... then, I needed something that was general purpose and was inspired by the riverboats on the Rouge river in Ore, and bought a North River...sea going model called the seahawk... Really nice boat.... very stable, cuts through the ocean waves, as I have taken it 45 miles straight out to Santa Barbara Island of the shore of California... I have full canvas for that usage.....got the walk thru door and windshied wipers on both sides....only 90 horse, but the 4 stroke and 40 gal tanks takes care of fishing on most occasions with out worry of running out of gas.... live well, bait tank, trolling motors front and back, and for shallow running, I have a wand that is put over the front and then I get a reading of the water depths when running slow over questionable structure or depths.... and, I might mention.. the Lorance GPS has saved me many times comming back as the trails show where I've been so comming back after dark is much easier.....check out the boats....

Bayrunner Ray

12. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    ah,mine is awesome.sure wish i could take pictures of my dreams......

every night i lay down,i take it out...:crazy:

13. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
  14. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I use a 17.5' Fisher Deep v, walk through, 90 HP Mercery, its the U.S.S Bottom Dweller. So far its just fine but i wish it had a bit more storage space in it. Top speed is about 36 MPH with 2 guys, all 700 lbs of there sinkers and a full tank of gas:smile2:

Salmonid

15. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i use a 16 foot flatbottom with a 25 horse on the back of her. if the wind isn't kicking me around as well as party days on the river i'm good!

16. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    I HAVE A 16 FOOT PONTOON WITH NO FURNITURE ON IT,
    CONSOLE IS IN THE MIDLE OF THE BOAT WITH ROD RACKS ON BOTH SIDES,2 FISH FINDERS,ONE IN THE FRONT AND 1 IN THE BACK.POLE HOLDERS ALL AROUND THE RAILS.1 ELECTRIC ANCHOR FRONT AND BACK. I THROW ANCHOR FRONT AND BACK, HIGH BACK LAWN CHAIRS TO SIT ON WHERE YOU WANT TO.PROPANE LANTERNS AND 12 VOLT ELECTRIC CLAMP ON LIGHTS, ALSO FOG LIGHTS TO SEE BY. PORT- A- POTTIE IF FEMALE FISHERMEN ARE ON BOARD.WITH OUT THE FURNITURE U HAVE ROOM FOR TACKLE BOXES AND ICE CHEST,
    NEW 4 STROKE MERC. 9-9 DOSE FINE JOB ON THE RIVEER.
    THAT MY BOAT.
    MOOSE :roll_eyes::wink:

17. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    1756 G3 with a 30 40hp jett drive Its a nice boat .But I still dream of a diffent one. I can run in very shallow water.Which is needed for the Mighty muddy Muskium river.