Boats and Catalpa Worms?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by BGRUMBLES, Jul 30, 2006.

1. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well I lost last week on a boat bid on ebay for a boat that was already realllllly set up for our hobby. Came with six rod holders and everything and 3 seats....one for truckin 4x4 and one for Tea. Boat went for 1700 something and I would have given 2k for it. Problem is if you enter your max bid too soon the seller comes in with another of his names and bids you up to your max....so I lost the boat in the last 20 seconds HAHAHAH. Man it was nice. Looked at a lot of boats since...mostly overpriced in my opinion and looking at two this week....one I know is nice, other we will find out tomorrow, it is around Buckeye Lake. I am hoping to get into one this week REAL bad.

As for the Catalpa worms.....I HATE YOU hahahaha. I guess I have almost caused a few wrecks by now slamming on my breaks and pulling over on the road to check all the catalpas I see while driving....but can't find them. If anyone in central area Ohio knows where they can pick them I got ladders and harnesses and my girlfriend is a gymnast so we can toss her up in the big ones to pick them for us. Anyway Hoover was all small ones on the bank last night...take care guys

Ben

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man sorry to hear about the boat you were bidding on. Ebay is tough to win anything on nowadays. I don't bid on anything until there's less than 10 seconds left. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Hope one of the ones you're looking at this week turn out to be THE ONE for you. Good luck

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is the way to bid brother, wait until 10 seconds left and put the max bit you want for the item. If not you will get in a bidding war and pay way too much for it.

If you plan on fitting myself and Rob in a boat it better be a big one. LMAO

4. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Was that you, bidding on that boat... Sorry.:confused2: Just kidding
    I haven't seen any worms, yet.:sad2: Still looking
    That's a great way to bid if your buying, If your the one selling, it about gives you a heart attack.

5. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    I got it yesterday man. Will be ready this week to hit the water. Don't worry you guys can fit on it...take a look at it on ebay just do a search with this item number: 140010851956. All I need to do is line the sides with Rod Holders and we are set. I am 6'3" 235 so that leaves room for two guys 350 each, or one 400 one 300.....0r like one 325 one 375....or like....joking...we can fit man no worries, and it has an 85hp motor so good to scoot with.

As for the catalpa worms, you central ohio folk and dayton area bros need to hook it up lol...I am struggling out here looking. I am willing to barter; have a really hot girlfriend and a spy cam (joking), or I can drop some cash and help pick them? Lol I just wanna see one and try it out basically. You guys all take care and thanks for the discussions on here.

6. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well what I did this time was got online after the jokers bid it up, only put my max at 2000 but was willing to go 2500 on it. The guy had the reserve over 3 grand and so I called him as he was local. Next thing you know with 5 min left I bid 2500 and it says you get outbid, so i went 2600 and change and won that sob.....YES YES its a sweet boat for that money too. His buy it now was 4500, lowered it to 4000, then lowered the reserve. It is a nice, completely restored boat that I could easily sell for 3500 locally and make as long as I set it out so folks could see. It has all the bells and whistles for a catfisher on it.

7. Curly

Curly New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Ever use auction sniper? It's a program to get your bids on e-bay quicker. It costs to use but it works very well!! Congrats on the boat...but try sniper sometime...it works!

8. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Grumbles, congrats on the boat!! what lakes do you plan on using it at?

I got some worms now and am waiting for Dink to come over before I pluck any of them, I really dont have enough to sell, seems like all I can reach when im looking at them is about a dozen or so at any given time short of putting up the extension ladder, But if your in Dayton, give me a shout and we will get you some to try.

Curly, I dont think Id promorte Sniper programs, they are very Anti Ebay and most selers wont give you any good feedback if they find out you won with a sniper program, just my .02

Hey Grumbles are you gonna try to make the CJ Outing? would love to see Das Boat, If I have worms then Ill donate some for a lucky winner:wink:
    Salmonid

9. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Way to go, Ben. Is this the same boat you thought you lost or a different one? That Ebay bidding can be tricky.

10. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Dayton is an hour away for me...so we can meet up anytime! Driving relaxes me unless I am in Columbus....then it is rage fever. As far as the CJ meeting....will be there for sure. I may have to invest in a bigger truck to pull that damn boat but oh well HAHAHHAHAHA. I want to bring my huge gas grill out there so we can all eat up. It would be great I may try to smoke a turkey the week before and smoke a few racks of ribs that we can glaze on the grill at will. I look forward to meeting you guys, it should be a blast for sure.

11. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    As far as the worms go.....I just want a few to try and I am real mobile so I have no problem lattering up and hitting the high ground. I could even pluck some off there for Dinks and yourself while there and that way you can keep the low layers for later. Just an offer