Boating

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Bad_fisherman21, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Bad_fisherman21

Bad_fisherman21 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Im 14 years old.I was wondering if it is ilegal for me to be out on baldwin lake fishing in a jon boat by myself.

2. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Ryan, you have to complete a boating safety course and get your Boating Safety Education Certificate to operate a boat by yourself, if not you have to have a parent or a gaurdian in the boat. hope this helps. I found this info by googling illinois boating law.

3. Bad_fisherman21

State:
    illinois
    hey thanks man...that kinda sucks cus my dad doesent like fishing so i cant go all day long like i like to in my boat:angry: all well atleast ill still be able to fish in a boat

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    a 14 year old out on baldwin in a jonboat by himself? i would say that would be a bad idea.

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    If you was to go anywhere by your self in a boat be sure and wear a life vest .

6. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    u just had to pick a lake that haz 6 foot white caps,u have to be very careful on that lake buddy,that lake is unsafe for any angler at times dont matter how old ya are,just watch the weather before u go and pay attention to wind speed,it only takes a little wind and it gets ruff,be careful.

7. Bad_fisherman21

State:
    illinois
    Lol come to think of it i have seen some huge waves and my boat will get tipped in a second lol.....im prolly just gonna take it out in the stripmines or a creek or something to be safe...thanks for all the help guys

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    wear a lifejacket and be careful out there. make sure your parents know where your going.