Boating Regulations....?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by renji2476, Jun 17, 2008.

1. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I am finally going to get a trailer for my flat bottom johnboat and was wondering if there was a page that would tell me of all the regulations that I need for my boat? I am supposed to get it registered and I know that I need to have a life jacket for everyone that is in the boat... is there anything that I else that I need to know maybe a boaters safety course or something? I could use all the help that I can get:embarassed:!!! Thanks!!!

2. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Jesse, first thing that comes to mind is are you using it on public water?
    does it have a motor, electric or gas?, do you have the paperwork for the boat, title? bill of sale? These are some of the questions that P&W is going to ask. Here's a link to the state web site that has anything you would like to know about boat regulations, getting it registered, water safety digest. If you have any specific questions, you can PM me, I'll try to help you.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/

3. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Hey fellas good to here your still around. I have a question to add on to this. Since my boat is registered in north carolina will i catch heat if i'm getting it wet in texas.

4. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Straight from TPWD Web Page

Out-of-State Registration

Can I use my boat in Texas if it is registered in another state?
    If you have a boat registered or titled in your name in another state you may operate the vessel up to 90 consecutive days with current out-of-state registration.

Hope this answers that.

5. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jessie get you one of those air horns in a can. Last weekend we were stuck in a friends boat for three hours because we couldn't attract anyones attention. main motor wouldn't start and the tm wasn't strong enough to buck the wind. I think you also need a fire extinguisher in the boat.

6. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC

Thanks Lonnie it does answer that question. Now the only thing keeping me from get Blue Gill wet is distance. I'm due to move in July from NC to TX then on my way to AZ. Thanks again.:0a31: