Boating PHD's in full force at SML

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BoG, Jul 4, 2006.

1. BoG

BoG Member

State:
    Delaware
    Name:
    Bo
    This morning there were 19 to 20 boats over a huge school of stripers and everyone was catching fish. Within 10 minutes 2 very high dollar ski boats drove right through the fishing fleet putting the fish down and scattering them.

If we had been in a very narrow part of the lake, well...well... ok nowhere to go, but all these fishing boats were taking up less than 15% of the river arm!!:ah: :ah:

Clueless, selfcentered, or just A$$**#$@!!

I always expect jet skis to be inconsiderate and clueless, but you can't even rent these boats - - they cost more than all my vehicles and boats combined.

Thanks for the vent.

Bo

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Just from curosity...what would happen if you got a photo of the boat running through a fleet of fishing boats and mailed it to your state Dept. of Wildlife? I think in Okla they send a post card to the registered owner and tell them they were reported...strike one. Three strikes and ...well, I don't know...but it would be worth the price of a postage stamp to find out.

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    It sucks but may as well get used to it. If a person is going to fish on a holiday weekend there are gonna be idiots like that out there. It is gonna get worse before it ever gets better since it seems they do not patrol enough to catch idiots. Good thing is they didnt cause no accidents. This is why I do not go fishing on a holiday.

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I think alot of these guys do it on purpose 'cause they think it's funny. I had the same problem last July 4th and my cousin finally had to cuss out a couple of guys that would pull right up within spittin' distance every time they saw us catch a fish. With miles of open water they had to get 50-60 feet from us. I think their parents must have been closely related!

5. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I'm lucky that I can get off and fish weekdays and nights. I won't even consider going to public waters during a holiday or on the weekend in summer after some of the experiences I've had. I know a lot of folks don't have this option and I feel for you.

6. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    stuff like that makes you wanna do things that (hopefully) we're smart enough not to do.:embarassed:

7. Ironhead

Ironhead New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I know that they are out there having fun. But some times there are just plum inconsiderate. There should be regulations against it to protect us fisherman. I just sit there and yell and cuss at them if they get too close.:lol:

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I don't think some of these folks use very good judgment some time. Sounds like something I might of done when I was younger ond out on the water all boozed up. Thank God I never had a boat.The sad part is if there happens to be an accident then everyone looses. The rules need to be INFORCED.Id go for a copple of extra dollars on the old fishing permit to go towards more inforcement. Just a thought. J.D.Straka