Boating Buttholes!! LOL

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Apr 18, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Please read Bankfishermen! Got called a A^$$&#T(TY( for the 43rd time ever tonight! First 38 was from my wife!:roll_eyes: LMAO! Most bankfishermen appreciate when a boater slows the speed as they approach them, and its a sign of respect I have shown for years. However, most bankfishermen that have never owned a boat nor fish from one don't understand, that a planed out boat will cause a smaller wake that resides quicker, than a boat on plane that cuts it down especially with a jet! I got called an asK hole tonight again on the river, arriving to the ramp,LOL, but when the boat shored, he didn't seem interested in talking about it! So keep your barn fire hot on the bank, and the beer cans rolling in the river, but appreciate the boat fishermen! Just cause we passed your drunken eyes at seemingly Mach Speed, We do see you, and are trying to stay away, and not hinder your fishing what so ever! Next time we can back it off hard, and get your sandles wet! :smile2::wink: rollo

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thoughts that could be going through a bank fisherman's mind.....................To get to prim spots I travel great distances and some times make many trips hauling gear for a decent nights outing. The river is calm and peaceful Until some speed boater comes by hauling a$$. Don't they realize that I don't have a live well so I must keep my fish in a floating basket at the waters edge. When they go flying by it often can kill. And another thing that I can expect is at the very least a couple of snags or fouled lines. This results in lost gear which comes dear to the bank fisherman who is very often short on fishing funds. A fast boat makes our water level measuring sticks useless as well as our landing areas, which were nice and dry, slick with mud so it is hazardous to land fish. Why don't you guys slow down? If you can see so well you would have plenty of time to float by! And don't give me that up river excuse either. Louis and Clark didn't have motors, but did have much bigger rigs and they had no problem. Give us a break man' after all do we come swimming out where you are set up and start rocking your boat? NO There are two sides to every story and I would be happy to explain it when my area is so thoughtlessly disturbed. The water ways belong to all of us not just those that can afford boats and we are all not drunks!:wink:

4. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    im a bank fisherman, i feel that there are idiots and then there are fisherman, i would asume that jet boats dont really make much of a wake at all, atleast probally not compared to a huge wake board boat LOL, and i have to agree with rollo a planed out boat makes smaller wake than a boat slowing and pushing all that water ahead of the bow, so even if the boat did slow down before passing the wake from that would be greater and alot more words would probally fly, but what do i know imma bank fisherman and as long as they show me respect they have mine. fish on

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A boat floating down the river makes no wake..........

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Right, but when you come around a bend and they are on the bank, there ain't enough time to shut it down to make NO wake! Also, I said, I back it down to show bank guys respect. That still don't give one a right to start screaming and acting superior. I have more problems with bank guys than boats that I can remember. There is a sign now, on the local ramp that reads," No fishing from dock". They are still fishing there at night! So who respects who more? If I gotta dock I will, I ain't worry about folks like such anymore. You are right, they have as much right as the boat guy, but if you are that upset of alittle wave, when I tried to help ya, go to a pond or somewhere you don't have to worry about you bait bucket beaching, or your lines getting tangled. I certainly wouldn't bank fish at a boat ramp if I was gonna be that anal:wink:. Atleast be man enough to discuss it, not back away from your actions, after acting like a hard ass!:roll_eyes: rollo

7. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I have fished from a boat and off the bank for more years than some are old. I don't remember ever have someone scream and call me names . It is a mater of respect. the water belongs to all not just the ones with boats.
    As for drunks on the bank I have seen as many boat fisherman drunk as bank fisherman.
    I own 3 boats and still bank fish 80% of the time.I enjoy the ease of fishing off the bank

8. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    the fact that they were at the ramp makes you in the right rollo. if they dont want boats up thier arses then head down the bank a ways so there aint so much traffic. i fished the shores of erie for many years and had many boats blow by, not to mention the jerks on the jet skis. i have never had it effect my fishing one bit. back off the shore 5 feet if you dont want your toes wet:wink:

9. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You're right Rollo. I back way off and putt by people, and steer away from thier lines and still get dirty looks, talked down to and one time I had a guy throw a full beer at me. I'm not going to shut my engine off and coast by someone. I think a big part of some peoples frustration is because they wish they had a boat and envy gets thier blood pumping. Not all But, some. They're mad because they had to hike and carry all thier equipment and we don't. I can't believe the attitudes of some of these guys as I pass them. I'm as courteous as I can and still get shit from them. The next time a guy blasts by you on the bank in his boat, think about how many people threw rocks or somthing at him when he was being courteous. I carry a big bore handgun with me. if it gets any worse than the beer can incident I will use it...This is something that has always struck a nerve with me. I have a buddy that about had his left eye put out because a bank fisherman threw a sinker and hit him in the face. He turned, beached his boat at about 20 knots and pulverized the guy, then kicked his equipment in the river. I dont blame him a bit. it's hard not to create any wake at all. Some boaters are inconsiderate I understand that. One thing I always hated was the game fisherman that would troll right over your lines and not even attempt to veer around you. Or the guy that goes by at full throttle and washes out the bank at thier feet. But I never picked up something and threw it at him. I hate barge traffic. But, What can you do. Deal with it, shake it off and continue to fish when someone pisses you off. If you ever see a Grey/blue/and white sylvan backtroller on your river You might want to think twice about throwing something at him. He's nutty as squirrel turds, and carries a big weapon.

10. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I for one never back off the throttle when I see a bank fisherman. I keep giving it all the juice I got. Of coarse my little 12 foot jonn boat with a 2 hp motor and loaded with 2 people and all our gear ain't making as big of waves the guy on the bank sinkers do when he casts.

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would agree with Mark about people being jealous about not having a boat, the only time I usually get mad at boaters is when they run over my lines when they see me sitting there. I try to get them to get all of the line off my spool before I cut it I figure thats gotta hurt something on the motor

12. Atrophius

Atrophius New Member

State:
    ky
    I bank fish most of the time. Only time I ever really had a problem on the Ohio is after the fireworks. If you could only imagine the chop from hundreds of boats continuosly going by on their way home. I just chuckled and packed up. It was actually pretty interesting to see.

Next time I am fishing at Anderson Ferry, I should try the a@@h()* bit ont eh ferry driver! haha j/k