Boating Blues

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by misterwhisker, Feb 10, 2009.

1. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Well sman and I tried to go fishing monday, but once again had boat problems, we got about a mile down river and all hell broke loose, smoke and steam started engulfing the boat:sad2: The water intake manifold had froze during the cold spell and cracked. I think the fish Gods are keeping me away lol :crazy: I owe you one skip, next time we will wait for tbull to go to work and boat nap his ride :eek:oooh::wink::smile2: Taking the boat to the shop this week, I hope I didnt screw to much up, I got my fingers crossed. Mean while I will fish out of my bass boat....The hunt for Blues is still on :wink: Im not gona give that easy...My luck has got to change, and the sooner the better

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some hilljack luck to me. Good luck fishing. I bet that bass boat will be your secret weapon

3. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man..... That sucks. Hope it don't cost ya too much in the end. What kind of motor is it? You fishing the Ohio for the blues? I need to hook up with you guys and try this cold weather blue cattin out! I still have 8 or 9 weeks before we start pavingat work.

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    My friend I used to think I had the worst luck in the world until I met you and Skip. That really sucks for you guys, I was hoping you would be out there smokin em' right now...Dont give up man, your luck will change I promise...I mean it sure as heck cant get much worse right?:wink:

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    usually there is some good luck mixed in with bad........

i alwais say (to cover my butt) it always gets worse before it better :roll_eyes:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man, sorry to hear about the bad luck.. That would suck..hopefully it doesn't cost too much to repair Paul.....rollo

7. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Sorry about your misfortune Paul. But glad you guys are ok. Why I have'nt put mine in yet. I have to store it outside and don't want any left over water freezing and cracking something in my motor. By the way; You have'nt shaken hands with Gary Ryan lately have you?

8. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Im heading out sometime this week, and i will be taking the bass boat, I just thought of something,my bassin cat boat is BLUE, hmmm wonder if that will give me some GOOD luck :cool2: IM determined to have a Blue on that boat before weeks end....Oh by the way tbull what are your working hours again???:smile2:

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hey now :tounge_out::smile2: although I did shake hands with Skip I hope its not contagious:smile2:

10. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sorry to hear about your boat Paul! I was hoping to see some pics of some big ole Blues!

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I am taking my buddy out on Thursday for his birthday, still trying to figure out where to put in. I want to fish below the city towards lawranceburg. Paul what did Tanner's ramp look like? Was it still full of ice?

12. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Paul if you and I could get together we could probably have enough bad luck in one trip that we would be alright for the rest of the year. Probably sink the boat we was on probably drown but maybe with our last breath we could grab the big blue that was gettin ready to gobble us up, we would have our big blue and not have to worry about bad luck for the rest of the year.

13. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Thats sucks guys sorry to hear about the boat!

I had a repo last night over by Tanners....from what I could see looked as if it was still littered badly with ice.