Boating Accident

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by bumper, Nov 23, 2009.

1. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    TN Authorities think 3 people from Dalton died in a boating accident below Nickajack Dam there. They said 5 people were in the boat, but 2 were rescued. They said these people even had their life jackets on, but the water below the dam was too turbulent and swift. Makes you realize how quick things can go wrong on the water, and the need to always be aware and careful and wear your life jacket. I'm sure life jackets saved the 2 peoples lives.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11554536

2. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    man I hate to here stuff like that that why I don't get out on the river when it up real high

3. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Man thats terable,,
    I was up there a few weeks ago when they opened them ,I would not get anywhere neer there,,,:confused2: It was nuts
    Thanks David
    Puddle

4. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    going to say a prayer for them and there family

5. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    thats awful,but it kinda makes you think.maybe stuff like this will make people use more caution.its terrible this type thing has to happen.

6. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    That is terrible. It's easy to underestimate the power of moving water. Now that it's getting cold, hypothermia can also be a killer. Check out this link for tips on cold weather boating safety.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96136

7. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    other boater need to watch out for smaller boats.....as boater we all need to watch out for eachother :wink:

8. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Hate to hear that, but at the same time it is a good reminder to take the extra precautions and have a game plan in the event something does happen.

9. cvbaitman

cvbaitman New Member

State:
    georgia
    that is bad my prayers are with there famlies