Boaties Boat Shop= Poor service

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by OkieBo, Mar 17, 2008.

1. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I went into Boaties in Shawnee,OK today to look for a motor for my skiff boat project. Immediately upon our arrival my boys needed to use the rest room. So i asked and they pointed down the hall. Once they returned from the restroom an elder man asked if they left a quarter in there. I guess he was implying they pay for there use?:confused2: Another employee( i think the owner?) asked me "if he could help me?". I stated my intentions and off we walked to the outboard motor rack. He pointed out the 40-50hp candidates I was looking for, 1800.00 for that one, 1500 for either of those and 1200 for the older one. All motors were late 70's to early 80's in mild condition with all controls. In the middle of me asking him "Does those prices include install?" he turns to a man that walks up and asks him what he was doing and the man said just he wanted "to come hang out with him". After their greet the two went off in his golf cart, leaving me standing there with a handfull of questions.:angry: So at this point i already new i would not buy lower qaulity for the high price. So i went to look at a few used boats that i wanted to get some ideas off of. When i walked back near the motors the man finally returned and stated " we can put one on today for ya and show you how to use it":confused2: I said that the price would be to high for the motors. And off i left him never to return.

I HOPE KNOW ONE ELSE GETS THIS SAME TREATMENT THERE?

2. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Bo, I got the same type treatment in Lewisville, TX one day. Me and a buddy went down there, and I was going to buy a boat that day. Period, end of story, wasn't leaving without buying a boat. I knew if I thought too much about it, I might not do it..... so I was buying a boat that day.

The first place I went to, I wandered around in their showroom (mind you, I rarely ever dress up. I'm in blue jeans, boots, and a camo t-shirt) for about 10 minutes before anyone spoke to me. This guy didn't even approach me, just hollered across the room & wanted to know if I needed help. I asked where the used boats were, and he pointed out a door. So, out I went. We snooped around out there for about 45 minutes or so, and asked several salespeople for help. Everyone was "gonna be right back" and walked gleefully away. Finally, I'd had enough. As I was walking back through their showroom on my way out, the same fella was still standing next to a boat & discussing who knows what with 2 other guys... asked if I found everything alright. So, standing in the middle of their showroom with about 10 other customers wandering around, I hollered at him "NO I DIDN'T FIND WHAT I WANTED. I DROVE 4 HOURS TO COME IN HERE TO BUY A DAMN BOAT AND NOBODY HELPED ME, SO I'M GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!"

That's exactly what I did, too. I walked into the next store, found a very helpful salesperson who answered every question I had & gave me a really good deal, and I bought a boat. Then I drove by the first boat dealership, honking & waving at one of their salesmen, as I went by pulling my new boat. :wink: It felt so good.

Go somewhere else. There's still folks out there who WANT your business, and are willing to try hard to earn it.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sounds like those two places wont be getting business from here. Pays to be nice huh. :wink:

4. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Lol, I have noticed that Ronberg (the owner) acts like all of his merchandise and boat inventory is gold plated, and they are the rudest people I have come across in a long time.

5. madiaz

madiaz New Member

State:
    kalamazoo, michigan U.S.A
    Greetings,

It's kind of funny how people judge other people by their appearance.

The best story i heard was this one cat over one county over that went in to buy a boat. Scruffy beard, flannel shirt just an average type of man. he was in the shop for like a half hour and nobody paid him any attention. Hmm.... well he found out the owner and called him. A week later he was the owner. Yup, flat out bought the store with all the inventory in it. Umm nope the guys that were selling no longer work there. :big_smile:

You should always treat people with respect but most importantly work hard. Man if it is your job to sell boats freaking get up on it. God helps those who helps themselves and Satan is just awaitin for the dumb &*&() lazy people out there.

I go to stores now that i pay more but feel better cause of the appreciation factor in the way i was treated and then again how i felt.

peace,

m.a.d

6. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Well i was not suprised on how people can conduct their business profile rudely. I was just shocked to have that type of service after i had just left Chuck and Daves marine repair in downtown OKC( more than enough friendly service there). Was i judged? possibly! Either way he was not getting my money nor my recomendation to the BOC brothers. There are all walks of life that fish and boat the BOC has them all. Rich, poor, redneck, yuppie, yankee, southerner etc.. I am glad to be a part of the BOC so i can vent these frustrations. I will not lose any sleep over people like that. My rant is over i feel better! Thanks for listening!:big_smile:

7. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    That rant did you more good than a handfull of blood pressure pills chased by a pint of JW. guess what???

The rest of us appreciate your recommendation! Two Thumbs-Up!:wink: